Thread: What optic should I get for Staccato C2?

What optic should I get for Staccato C2?

I want to order a Staccato C2 and I want to get an optic and the correct plate through them. I'm also wanting to try a Holosun but not sure which model. I like that the 507k is small for carry and that they run the lower front site. Just lower height over bore and all that.

But the 509 is cool too. Bigger and bulkier obviously and you need to run the taller front site. I have limited pistol red dot experience. Spent some time with a Glock milled for an RMR and it was cool and an easy transition for me. I know the RMRs are the standard but I'm impressed with what Holosun is doing. Thoughts?

I would vote for the 509T, solely for the emitter.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

Is there a C2 (or any 1911) out there with a 509T? I wonder how low it could be mounted.
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by Bergeron View Post
    Is there a C2 (or any 1911) out there with a 509T? I wonder how low it could be mounted.
    I know the way Dawson designed the mounting plates, it’s to allow the optics to sit as low as possible. The RMRcc and 507k can use standard height sights. So the small optic combined with the deep milling allows for a really low height over bore.

The 507, 508, 509, RMR etc need taller sights. So still deep milling but because it’s a bigger optic and the dot sits higher above the bore you need the taller sights.

Yeah, the Dawson plates are new to me, so I appreciate the input and discussion.

I'm very interested in a sealed emitter dot on a 1911, and I'm eager to hear about any 509T/1911 experiences.
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

Found a video of a Staccato and 509. Pretty slick.

User Tag List