Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Torque Wrench Recommendations?

In the spirit of Blackhawk Down's "my finger is my safety," I have gravitated to "my wrist is my torque wrench." Seems like using a Fix it Stick and my wrist works better for me than my various torque limiters.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    I've tried 'manual', Capri, and Vortex. All worked. What I'm using now is the Lyman, works great, best one I've had to this point. 10-80 in/lbs, covers most firearms related work.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1022046398?pid=751473

ETA: same wrench is a bit less $ on Big River. But I hate linking to those a-holes.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Since we are on torque, I wanted to ask: is it ok to check optic screws with a Torque wrench periodically or is it better to torque stripe them?

I have one of the simple Wheeler FAT wrenches, specific application is Holosun optics on Glocks.

Thanks!
    Definitely use witness marks to verify fasteners are maintaining their torque.

Quote Originally Posted by Tannhauser View Post
    Definitely use witness marks to verify fasteners are maintaining their torque.
    Ja, for sure.

This is one of the last Flight Simulator jobs I worked before I retired, might have been at Kirtland AFB. The "box" weighs about 30,000 pounds or so, and sits on 3 pedestals with 60" throw legs attached to the deck with 18 or so threaded rods epoxied into the concrete. We really didn't want that going anywhere.

We used torque stripes.

Name:  IMG_4429.jpg
Views: 187
Size:  42.5 KB

Just got a smokin deal on a preset torque wrench that would work well for Glock front sights. Figured I'd share it so up to 3 of you might be able to benefit.
    Seekonk MC-200 9in/lb ($20, they're freakin $290 new!). 1/4" drive, which would work great with a Fix-it-sticks Glock front sight bit.
    Administrator for PatRogers.org

User Tag List