Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 3” J Frame Options

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Nothing visible that a vinegar strip and good Parkerizing wouldn't make bitchin'.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Nothing visible that a vinegar strip and good Parkerizing wouldn't make bitchin'.
    No way, Jose. That's a gat if I've ever seen one. It's good to hook as is. Maybe a couple of rubber bands around the grips....

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Name:  2611021F-4F6C-49E4-A83E-3802C29A9FBB.jpg
Views: 339
Size:  43.5 KB

This was my Dads with his passing 8 years ago it became mine ...36 no dash round butt.. I put a set of combat grips on it ...

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    I had a 3” K6S at one point. Nice gun; no issues.
    Which begs the question: Why'd you get rid of it?
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Which begs the question: Why'd you get rid of it?
    A bit of weakness that I’m pretty sure involved one 1911 or another. I will most likely get another K6 in the near future.

Especially given this, which I may as well easter egg here in this thread, while we are on the subject:

https://revolverguy.com/k6s-firing-p...ate/#more-9438
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    A bit of weakness that I’m pretty sure involved one 1911 or another. I will most likely get another K6 in the near future.

Especially given this, which I may as well easter egg here in this thread, while we are on the subject:

https://revolverguy.com/k6s-firing-p...ate/#more-9438
    In that article, he reports Kimber is taking this position:
    Kimber reports that the number of guns returned for firing pin issues has been extremely small, and they believe the problem was isolated to a very small number of guns. As a result, they don’t believe it’s necessary to retrofit all guns with the old firing pin design on a precautionary basis
    I disagree quite firmly, if the gun someone has is not a range toy. If the pin breaks at the wrong time, the user is screwed at best and dead at the worst.

A firing prin that might break because of known issues is sort of a reverse Russian Roulette.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

I disagree quite firmly, if the gun someone has is not a range toy. If the pin breaks at the wrong time, the user is screwed at best and dead at the worst.

A firing prin that might break because of known issues is sort of a reverse Russian Roulette.
    I agree with you, for the most part. That said, the later iterations seem to be GTG.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"

Exactly. Does "it's not necessary" mean they will or will not install a steel firing pin in my gun if I ask for one? If they won't do it until it breaks, the things are not only ugly, they're paperweights.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Exactly. Does "it's not necessary" mean they will or will not install a steel firing pin in my gun if I ask for one? If they won't do it until it breaks, the things are not only ugly, they're paperweights.
    Yes, and it fits nicely into a common prejudice about Kimber: They make guns that are nice-looking pieces of shit.

Yes, and it fits nicely into a common prejudice about Kimber: They make guns that are nice-looking pieces of shit.
    When I specifically asked for a 2.5” Smith and Wesson 686 Plus this past February, the salesman said, “How about this Kimber K6?” I didn’t appreciate slow moving merchandise pushed on me, and never even gave it a glance.

User Tag List