Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: brn-180

brn-180

Brownells has most flavors of the brn180 upper in stock. Just grabbed a 10.5 223 wylde for my foldable small gun.

Once upon a time these were offered in a mystical caliber called 300 Blackout. Seemed like it could be the poor man's Rattler.

I still want one, but I'm waiting to see the ammo market come back first.

Quote Originally Posted by littlejerry View Post
    Once upon a time these were offered in a mystical caliber called 300 Blackout. Seemed like it could be the poor man's Rattler.

I still want one, but I'm waiting to see the ammo market come back first.
    Yup, just added my email for notifications when it's in stock.

https://www.brownells.com/rifle-part....aspx?psize=96
    #RESIST

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    How well do these work? I feel like I've seen them discussed here before but haven't ever really dug into them very deeply.

Note to self: “ put phone down while in doctors office “.
    You can get much more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    How well do these work? I feel like I've seen them discussed here before but haven't ever really dug into them very deeply.
    I’ve not shot one, but only read good things about them. It’s an old, proven design.
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    I’ve read the gen2 upgrades are worth it for the the rail assembly. Reliability is there. It’s just a few things that needed tweaking. I really want to get my hands on one

Quote Originally Posted by littlejerry View Post
    The Rattler has a 5.5" barrel, and the 300BLK BRN-180S upper has a 10" barrel. That's not really the same market segment IMO. You probably should compare the 9" SIG MCX Virtus SBR or pistol to the BRN-180S.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by CleverNickname View Post
    The Rattler has a 5.5" barrel, and the 300BLK BRN-180S upper has a 10" barrel. That's not really the same market segment IMO. You probably should compare the 9" SIG MCX Virtus SBR or pistol to the BRN-180S.
    I was thinking the same thing... if there was an 8” BRN-180, that would be more in the ballpark of a Rattler, but on the larger side.

Quote Originally Posted by CleverNickname View Post
    Poor people have poor ways, as my mother always said
    #RESIST

User Tag List