Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Blackhawk Sentry 12 : Opinions on this?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by MandoWookie View Post
    Yeah most of the AR-ish guns are Turkish Rem 1100 copies awkwardly shoved into a plastic shell that resembles one, but are heavy bulky monstrosities.
    Rock Island has their VR80, that is a slightly more refined version if those, but it too is heavy with lots of sci-fi styling crap.

The Sentry 12 is pump gun, and it is $800, twice what a new Mossberg can be had for. So good ergos, lightweight and Made in USA aside, that's a tough sell on an unknown quantity. Especially since it is competing against those AR-ish semis and Chinese Saiga12 clones in that range.
    But it seems to be the best thought out for what it is.
    For $800 you are getting close the price of a used Gen1 Beretta 1301.

Alternatively I'd rather have a Mossberg 590 and put the difference into a light, magpul stock, red dot sights etc vs the Sentry 12.

Rimmed rounds with no taper are the worst possible shape to try and feed via a box magazine.

Also, box mags in 12ga are kind of big, bulky, heavy, awkward, and out of balance for the low capacity they provide. I borrowed a Saiga 12 a few years back, and it was a bulky beast, and nearly unmanageable with anything other than the 5 rnd mag.

And even with the modern woes of the traditional shotgun makers, I'd still trust a Remmy or Mossy over any Starship Troopers looking Turk gun.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    Also, box mags in 12ga are kind of big, bulky, heavy, awkward, and out of balance for the low capacity they provide. I borrowed a Saiga 12 a few years back, and it was a bulky beast, and nearly unmanageable with anything other than the 5 rnd mag.

And even with the modern woes of the traditional shotgun makers, I'd still trust a Remmy or Mossy over any Starship Troopers looking Turk gun.
    Yeah, I got a couple of 30 year old 870s for the cheap price of free, so its gonna take a lot of convincing to get me to buy the Sentry 12.

It is just something new that doesn't fit into the previous established players, so I curious what opinions would be.

https://youtu.be/y1O0CGBbvbQ

Well this popped up in my feed, first I've seen about this gun since I started the thread.
    Strange how every bottom of the barrel import shotgun has five YouTube channels doing 'reviews' within a week of them hitting shelves, but this thing has been out most of a year and hardly any info is out there.
    Ironhorse must not be putting any money into marketing.

User Tag List