Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rubbing compound dry fire polish

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    I know a guy who says the second smoothest revolver trigger he has every owned was from an army buddy who took apart his revolver, put some “magic” compound in it, put it back together and attached a some kind of a contraption based on a power drill that essentially dry fired the thing for the functional equivalent of hours on end. This was in the 80s.

Dropped it off on a fri, came back on sun with 10.00, a six pack and a pizza. Watched a game and left with a very smooth trigger in both single and double action.
    eves

And the revolver was worn out too. S&W told its factory trained armorers that performing action work after having fired the revolver 1000 times gave best results. Light pulls through smoothness should be the strategy. Many of these revolvers do not require work. Shooting them achieves smoothness.

I scored one of my best all time GB deals on a Astra A100 that had "rust speckles" all over it. I gambled it wasn't rust as it just didn't look right in the pics. I got the gun, in the case, with 3 17 round mags for $279. When it came, my FFL thought the orangish red stuff on it was rust, but it came off too easy, it was rouge or something similar, and I took it down to parts, and had a friend put it into his ultrasonic cleaner for a while and when it came out, it was in about 99% condition. A little oil and it was ready to go. Unlike a number of people, I have never had a bad Astra gun, and the A100 functioned flawlessly and hit at point of aim at 30 feet. I would like to grab up a stainless A100, but it's not anything I really need at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    I may have a knee joint replaced in three months. I will ask the surgeon if he will use a Dremel Tool. If yes, then I will look elsewhere. I already asked him if he had a favorite night for drinking. I had extensive back surgery in 2011. I checked the doc's breath for alcohol fumes before letting anybody roll me to the OR. He was late, had not marked my back, and I required that he do what he had agreed to do. Being from Mississippi, I know more about doctors and sobriety than others. He did a super wonderful job. I am indebted to him.
    Willie,
    Trust me when I tell you the bone saws used are scary enough😬
    Shumba

User Tag List