Thread: Torque wrench/screwdriver

Torque wrench/screwdriver

Any gunsmiths or amateur gunsmiths who can make a recommendation regarding a nice torque wrench for firearm's work?

Looking at a Wheeler set.
    "Rich," the Old Man said dreamily, "is a little whiskey to drink and some food to eat and a roof over your head and a fish pole and a boat and a gun and a dollar for a box of shells." Robert Ruark

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    I use a Wiha that I found online for a good price years ago. Amazon is kinda expensive, but you may be able to find it elsewhere for less.
    Price has gone up quite a bit since I got mine. I still like it, but I'm not sure I'd pay the premium for it today.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

I own this one and like it a lot.

https://www.brownells.com/gunsmith-t...prod84011.aspx

P-F link and all
    "Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master"

Thank you guys. I went with Lyman Pro Drive Torque Wrench that Natchez Shooters Supply had in stock.
    "Rich," the Old Man said dreamily, "is a little whiskey to drink and some food to eat and a roof over your head and a fish pole and a boat and a gun and a dollar for a box of shells." Robert Ruark

Fix it sticks are the best I've ever used. Extremely versatile as well.

If you want a buy once, cry once sort of deal buy the Wiha, it is super accurate and the absolute top of the line, made in Germany:

https://www.amazon.com/Wiha-28506-To...dp/B002QV0FCY/
    (You will need to buy the bit holder separately as well, costs about $15)

I've used a FAT Wrench several times, both a borrowed unit and my own, newly purchased unit. Seems ok. I think @LittleLebowski likes his too.

User Tag List