Thread: 10-8 Performance Slide Mounted Optics Rundown

10-8 Performance Slide Mounted Optics Rundown

Here Mr. Yam gives an overview of what he likes and why:

https://youtu.be/y0b6GkbM9lc

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Well... That was a tough 20 min to get through.

I have used SROs and ACROs in Safariland ALS holsters and have guys 10-8 with them now. They didn’t need “cutting” and while some gun/optic combos don’t fit, a simple look at the fit chart shows Hilton’s statements to be incomplete at minimum. Further, he brings up the 509T but no discussion of it? Then the SRO duty/drop argument... I’ve drop tested several optics and based on a mush-mash of our testing and comparing results to our parter agency’s drop testing... If you think the SRO isn’t duty worthy you might as well get rid of the DeltaPoint Pro and 509T as well. Also, while I like Aaron Cowans videos, I don’t need someone else to tell me that an optic doesn’t meet their arbitrary “duty” standards. (I like that he basically gives that “warning” when talking about the drop - I think there’s a lot more to duty optics than surviving multiple 6-foot drops.

He did say some things that I agree with, and brought up some good subjects, but overall it is simplistic “conclusive” statements by “influencers” that end up perpetuating incorrect or incomplete beliefs by dogmatic followers and that frustrates me.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCalDep View Post

I have used SROs and ACROs in Safariland ALS holsters and have guys 10-8 with them now. They didn’t need “cutting” and while some gun/optic combos don’t fit, a simple look at the fit chart shows Hilton’s statements to be incomplete at minimum. Further, he brings up the 509T but no discussion of it? Then the SRO duty/drop argument... I’ve drop tested several optics and based on a mush-mash of our testing and comparing results to our parter agency’s drop testing... If you think the SRO isn’t duty worthy you might as well get rid of the DeltaPoint Pro and 509T as well. Also, while I like Aaron Cowans videos, I don’t need someone else to tell me that an optic doesn’t meet their arbitrary “duty” standards. (I like that he basically gives that “warning” when talking about the drop - I think there’s a lot more to duty optics than surviving multiple 6-foot drops.

He did say some things that I agree with, and brought up some good subjects, but overall it is simplistic “conclusive” statements by “influencers” that end up perpetuating incorrect or incomplete beliefs by dogmatic followers and that frustrates me.
    Re: Holster fit: Those optics (and the DPP) don't fit in the old 6354 DO, the original Safariland RDS duty holster but yeah they work just fine in the current/ second generation holster (6360 /6390 RDS) which has been out a couple years now.

Re: Tough to get through. In both his 10-8 videos and an interview with Scott Jedlinski's MSP podcast Hilton tends to speak like he's testifying, or memorializing something in an investigative report. I think it's just a style he's comfortable with after using it for 20 plus years.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalDep View Post

I'd run an SRO or DPP for edc or competition but I'd be holding my breath hoping my optic glass wasn't destroyed after taking someone to the ground after every arrest that went to the ground. I don't think the 509t is in that same category

,l
    Quote Originally Posted by Utm View Post
    I'd run an SRO or DPP for edc or competition but I'd be holding my breath hoping my optic glass wasn't destroyed after taking someone to the ground after every arrest that went to the ground. I don't think the 509t is in that same category
    I do. The SRO did better than the 509T in our drop testing.

User Tag List