Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 21 ton Chinese rocket will make re-entry very soon

"The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Soon.
    #RESIST

Ya'll don't appreciate the "gravity" of this situation.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Ya'll don't appreciate the "gravity" of this situation.
    Well, that went over like a lead balloon.

There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Site Supporter
    Started watching yesterday. I have learned something very interesting about free-floating orbiting junk: it increases and decreases in altitude. I still don’t know why. I thought for about a half an hour yesterday that the rocket body was going to hit Samoa because it was dropping fast and was lined up with the largest island, but then it stopped dropping, the flight path went over the islands, and climbed for a while. But the lowest point of the oscillation has decreased, as has the highest point. So if I’m being a seer, I predict it will get too low and finish falling. Probably not with a lot of style. Probably hit something if we aren’t lucky. The one that went down in 2020 dropped pieces that were as much as several hundred kilos.

21 tons and what do you get?,

Another day older and a Chinese threat,

St. Peter don't you call me, 'cause I can't go,

I owe my soul to the Walmart store.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    Started watching yesterday. I have learned something very interesting about free-floating orbiting junk: it increases and decreases in altitude. I still don’t know why. I thought for about a half an hour yesterday that the rocket body was going to hit Samoa because it was dropping fast and was lined up with the largest island, but then it stopped dropping, the flight path went over the islands, and climbed for a while. But the lowest point of the oscillation has decreased, as has the highest point. So if I’m being a seer, I predict it will get too low and finish falling. Probably not with a lot of style. Probably hit something if we aren’t lucky. The one that went down in 2020 dropped pieces that were as much as several hundred kilos.
    I know a fellow who used to do satellite control eons ago at Goddard ... his description was 'skipping satellites off the atmosphere like stones on a pond'.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    Read basics of orbits. They're elliptical, not circular. Just like a comet, but not generally as elongated. Decreasing apogee and perigee is consistent with losing energy to the atmosphere each time it gets close. It will come down.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Site Supporter
    https://orbit.ing-now.com/satellite/...21-035b/cz-5b/

Not sure about the reliability of this website. But it’s calculations makes re-entering some time around 10/5.

Then there's this bit of classy memeing from the PRC:
    Name:  China class.jpeg
Views: 237
Size:  25.8 KB

Translation: “China lighting a fire versus India lighting a fire.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

User Tag List