Thread: Chilean govt official’s bodyguard foils kidnapping attempt

Chilean govt official’s bodyguard foils kidnapping attempt

By shooting through windshield. Starts at about 25 seconds.

#RESIST

Well, that escalated quickly!

Extreme aggression certainly has a place. The jackers clearly decided they did not want part of that.

My personal takeaways:
    • J Frames need not apply; that is Glock 17 mag capacity tactic
    • Bad guys could had at least three, if not four, potential shooters - the good guys did not focus on driving out, just shooting out and sitting there

Great outcome to repeal multiple attackers with just handguns. Imagine the outcome if they had something heavier stowed in their car....

I was a little disappointed when the second camera angle showed the dude who slipped and fell when the shooter started. At first I thought he got smoked and my thought was, "DAMN! That's good shooting through a windshield!"

Still, quick thinking and reaction. With no where to go violence of action saves the day.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul D View Post
    Great outcome to repeal multiple attackers with just handguns. Imagine the outcome if they had something heavier stowed in their car....

Yeah; that video would have probably ended with everybody in the car being killed if it was in Mexico and not Chile.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    Yeah; that video would have probably ended with everybody in the car being killed if it was in Mexico and not Chile.
    That is true. I remember when El Chapo's crew laid a seige on the police station that held his son. They had armored vehicles mounted with 50 cal machine guns.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul D View Post
    That is true. I remember when El Chapo's crew laid a seige on the police station that held his son. They had armored vehicles mounted with 50 cal machine guns.
    Depends on goals. If they wanted to kidnap the government official, then smoking everyone in the car would be counterproductive. Assassinations are easier logistically, in some ways.

Carabineros de Chile are a highly professional organization (a rarity in south america), and this lady was switched on...

This was not a "kidnapping attempt", but rather a form of blitz robbery by young gangs. The same band had a dozen similar hits in the area before. The Govt official was already at home (they left her minutes before), and the female bodyguard and driver were taking the car to a depot.

A typical case of idiot thugs attempting to rob the wrong gal.

Quote Originally Posted by TiroFijo View Post
    Carabineros de Chile are a highly professional organization (a rarity in south america), and this lady was switched on...

This was not a "kidnapping attempt", but rather a form of blitz robbery by young gangs. The same band had a dozen similar hits in the area before. The Govt official was already at home (they left her minutes before), and the female bodyguard and driver were taking the car to a depot.

A typical case of idiot thugs attempting to rob the wrong gal.
    That makes sense.

I was going to give an A+ for immediate, violent counter assault, then downgrade to a C- for just sitting there instead of driving off the X and getting the protectee out of there, but it sounds like they didn't have a protectee anymore.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

“Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

User Tag List