Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Intro to USPSA gear

Just saw the email about that this morning...of course it comes out just one week after I ordered a pair of DAA Premium Belts based on the advice in this thread. Look forward to your impressions.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I ordered the new Double Alpha Lynx Belt. It's a very innovative design that uses hinged, rigid, nylon tiles. (Note: I didn't order the fugly color pattern pictured below).

https://www.doublealpha.biz/us/daa-lynx-belt

That looks more than a bit uncomfortable to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    That looks more than a bit uncomfortable to me.
    Yeah, comfort isn't the main concern. But compared to a Double Alpha competition belt, I think it will be more comfortable because it can conform to the body better.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Fair enough. If it works it works.

DAA's disclaimer that Lynx belt is only compatible with DAA holsters and pouches prevented me from trying one. I suspect that it might work with other stuff but I'll be waiting for independent reports.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    DAA's disclaimer that Lynx belt is only compatible with DAA holsters and pouches prevented me from trying one. I suspect that it might work with other stuff but I'll be waiting for independent reports.
    Anything in particular you want tested? I went and got a Lynx belt. Despite my initial skepticism, I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I ordered the new Double Alpha Lynx Belt. It's a very innovative design that uses hinged, rigid, nylon tiles. (Note: I didn't order the fugly color pattern pictured below).

https://www.doublealpha.biz/us/daa-lynx-belt

I just saw someone with one of these this weekend for the first time. I admit, I struggle to understand the benefit?
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I just saw someone with one of these this weekend for the first time. I admit, I struggle to understand the benefit?
    It's noticeably more rigid and more comfortable than a regular belt. My other belts are a DAA Premium belt and a Dominate Defense Mach 1, and this is more rigid and more comfortable than both.

Minor things: it 'folds' up easier into a compact shape that fits in a range bag/travel bag really well. Also, the "buckle" thingy lets me fasten my belt in front again, even with a bunch of stuff mounted in front of the hip bones.

YMMV on how much the above matters. Those with lighter guns may not care at all.

HumbleMarksman's review of the Lynx belt.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I played with mine, and have it set up with spare holster and pouches. It's a very innovative design. I'm glad to see AA continue to release novel products.

Pros: Rigid vertically, flexible laterally, adjustable, folds for travel and storage, very strong velcro, interesting look.

Con: Does not play well with holsters and pouches that have attachments wider than each belt section (as stated in item description). I do not like AA pouches, and do not use their holsters or hangers. I managed to make it work with my setup, by spanning two tiles. So, it works ok.

Bottom line: I still prefer the traditional AA belt.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

User Tag List