Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Intro to USPSA gear

It’s a deep dangerous dive into the gear world of uspsa. Welcome! As someone who just jumped in headfirst I’d probably go with the ghost pouches and a double layer belt.

You can get deep into mag extensions as well with all the different base pads plus followers. +6 doesn’t always mean +6 with one in the tube so make sure to test them out.

I do believe a drop offset hanger is something I would get and I wouldn’t care about the holster.

Everyone says run what you have and shoot a few matches and I wish I would’ve done that.
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

Quote Originally Posted by JCS View Post
    I do believe a drop offset hanger is something I would get and I wouldn’t care about the holster.
    With a Dremel you can cut a “speed notch” in any holster that lets you clear the holster with the muzzle faster. Basically it’s clearanced to the ejection port.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I like the Boss for stiffness and adjustability, but it sticks down and interferes with my leg when I need to do ninja moves.

The “roll axis” adjustment of the Boss is really good for ladies with hips, and wider dudes.
    Did you just call me a wide dude with lady like hips?!!!!!

I agree wifh the hang down poking the leg depending on how it’s set up.

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    Did you just call me a wide dude with lady like hips?!!!!!
    HAHAAHHA!!! I didn't intend to, but ... maybe?
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I don't know about TF and Walther. If you can get an extension that holds 23 reloadable, and still fits the gauge, that is ideal.
    Looks like the TF 140mm base pads for the PDP are only claiming to be +3, so that would be 21. Does anybody have a picture of the followers from PDP mags? I'm curious whether they're the same as the PPQ/P99 followers, which have some seriously long anti-tilt legs. In the P99/PPQ application, the 140mm extensions from TF claim to be +6, or 21 rounds, but I found that they'll take 22 if you use P99c followers, which have shorter legs. I imagine that even if P99c followers can't be used in the PDP, the legs could be shaved down enough to get 22 rounds in a 140mm mag pretty easily, but 23 might be pushing it.

Ah, must be the Grams spring + follower that gets that last +1 vs my setup of TF 140mm base pad with the "normal" TF spring and P99c follower. Obviously that follower has no legs at all, but does the spring also have geometry such that it compresses inside itself or something? Seems kind of like witchcraft, and I personally dislike the fact that it "may or may not lock back on empty." (I understand many people do not care about this, and I think it's a topic on which reasonable people can disagree.)

3gunner, not USPSA, so there may be some differences here. I use a CR Speed inner/outer belt system with Arredondo belt lock, Bladetech holster attached to belt with Techlok and DOH and Comp-Tac pistol mag pouches. Completely different games, I realize, but also, 24 12ga shells across the front of your belt with a pistol mag and rifle mag on the weak side weighs a lot more than 3 pistol mags. The CR Speed has rounded stitching on the edges so you don't get dug into as bad over a long day and during stage re-sets. Now, my gear is also all 2014-2015 vintage, so take that for what it's worth, but then again it's held up.

So, there's my experience and opinion. I'm curious to hear from the AA guys what you prefer about the belt.
    Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

Quote Originally Posted by ASH556 View Post
    I'm curious to hear from the AA guys what you prefer about the belt.
    It's stiffer than the CR Speed belt. That's it.

Quote Originally Posted by edison View Post
    The DAA is a little too stiff/rigid for me. It doesn't really conform to my waist; feels like running around with a hula hoop.
    That is true and is the reason why some people prefer slightly less rigid CR belt that conforms better. I think that @GJM likes CR, if I remember right. However, the DAA will do that too but over longer period of time so it just needs a [considerably] longer break-in.

Personally, I spend some extra attention to the inner belt. I don't like the DAA one, I think it is too floppy and provides no support of its own, only attaches the outer belt to your pants. I like CR inner better and I've actually spent some extra on stiffer and thicker aftermarket inner belts.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

This belt is the bomb, and makes your inner belt almost insignificant. More and more of my friends are wearing them.

https://dominatedefense.com/product/mach-1-outer-belt/
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List