Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What distance do you zero pistol optic?

I zero in at 15 yards and find myself good up to 35 yards without having to change anything. Of course I'm shooting Steel Challenge where the targets are large so an inch or two isn't going to affect me.

Name:  EDE1A62B-FA5C-4CF2-85C7-BE592106B173.jpg
Views: 409
Size:  31.6 KB

I use a laser to rough it in then this benchrest to zero at 25 yards with three bullets.

Then confirm at different distances.

I like a 25 yard zero personally for handguns because it makes it clearer to me where the actual group center is.

There had been times previously that I thought I was zeroed at 10 or 15 but when I pushed it out to 25 it was clear the windage was off.

I really like doing 10yard !

I used to always zero at 25, but when I started playing around with the IDPA 5X5 Classifier, I found that a 10 yard zero provides a great zero that might only need fine tuning at 25. So, I suppose I found I prefer a 10 yard zero accidentally! But it works quite well.

Site Supporter
    Like many have already said 10 yards, which seems to be the butter zone for a lot of the USPSA stages I encounter. Also, it's about as far as I can easily see the target to make adjustments.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul D View Post
    I do 10 yards with maximal effort to get the zero perfect with my ammo and confirm at 25 yds.

This is how I do it as well.

18 yds for a 92 LTT RDO
    50 yds for a Tanfo Stock2

I posed the same question back when m4carbine . net had SME forums with LAV, Pat McNamara, Kyle DeFoor, etc. The result was unanimous: 25 yards.

I've gone with that ever since. The difference at 10 yards is tiny.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Originally, I went with an initial at 10 yards & refine at 25 yds. After the Sig Academy instructor class and seeing/confirming the numbers, I switched to a 15yd zero.

Quote Originally Posted by Erick Gelhaus View Post
    After the Sig Academy instructor class and seeing/confirming the numbers, I switched to a 15yd zero.
    Say more?
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

User Tag List