Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: The 32 ACP Field Pistol

Site Supporter
    I have kicked around a lot of ideas on this front. The old Ruger Single Six Magnum in .32 Mag is a great option. I have one with a custom front sight (just a little taller and thinner) from Fermin Garza and it is a superb little lightweight revolver, but again not a pocket gun. After reading an article in the 12th Edition of Handloader's Digest about Dave Ward making a .32 Long S&W j-frame kit gun I bought several S&W model 34 / 63 adjustable rear sights, but I haven't gotten around to putting one together yet. A 3" 30-1 with adjustable sights might be about perfect, unless Ruger comes out with a 3" LCRx in .327 magnum. I don't have any interest in a .327 mag that size (had a couple, didn't like them) but it presumably would make a great .32 Long / Mag host.
    Last edited by revolvergeek; 05-10-2021 at 02:59 PM.

How long before the 32 Long J frame is rediscovered?

I have one (4" barrel) and it's much easier to shoot accurately than a 38 spl.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post

Or an I frame...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jandbj View Post
    Or an I frame...
    i frames shhhhhhh don’t say that don’t tell anybody. We don’t want people driving the price up on them!

I have a ‘20s vintage 3” .32 long i frame with a bobbed hammer at the gunsmith now getting tuned up a bit

A plate carrier doesn't do you a lot of good if you get shot in the head.
    Last edited by Borderland; 05-10-2021 at 08:04 PM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post

I had a 4” 30-1 that I really regret selling. I still have a 3” and 1 7/8”, both of which are excellent pistols. A few years ago I shot a local IDPA match with the 3” 30-1. It did surprisingly well and the 98 grain RNL ammo had more than enough power to knock down the occasional popper. The biggest flaw was the HKS “speedloaders” weren’t completely true and wouldn’t release all the cartridges.
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

Quote Originally Posted by revolvergeek View Post
    An old 4" Colt Police Positive is a lovely thing for this kind of work also, particularly in .32 NP / S&W Long.
    Had an old camping buddy that thought the same and even in a flap holster made for a trim package. I would have a few if the front sight were thicker than a razor blade and rear deeper than a nick. They work fine for getting fine hits in the sun but cause me problems in the pines and/or failing light. I still sometimes think about one 3"-4" long with the rear opened up and a J-frame thickness front brazed on. Not vertical and certainly not undercut but steeper than the usual Baughman pattern.

Site Supporter
    I wouldn't mind a 4"-5" Ruger LCRx in 327, depending on how accurate they are.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by SCCY Marshal View Post
    Had an old camping buddy that thought the same and even in a flap holster made for a trim package. I would have a few if the front sight were thicker than a razor blade and rear deeper than a nick. They work fine for getting fine hits in the sun but cause me problems in the pines and/or failing light. I still sometimes think about one 3"-4" long with the rear opened up and a J-frame thickness front brazed on. Not vertical and certainly not undercut but steeper than the usual Baughman pattern.
    They did make some of those Police Positives in .38 spl on the later modern short d-frame with better sights, but I am not sure if these included the .32 NP or not. I had one years ago and foolishly traded it off. Really neat little revolver.

I've given this a lot of thought;
    https://www.henryusa.com/caliber/327...num-32-hr-mag/
    Because a friend has one and it feeds H&Rs and Longs fine.

Pair it with this;
    https://ruger.com/products/sp101/specSheets/5773.html

A friend has one of these in .32-20, and his is a take down gun. I never knew I needed such a thing until I saw his. Haven't been able to find one for myself yet.
    https://www.gunvaluesboard.com/remin...l-25-1837.html
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

User Tag List