Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: The 32 ACP Field Pistol

Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    John Taylor will make what you wish for that single shot shotgun action. PM me for details.
    One more bunny gun option is the liners made by TJ’s.... IIRC, he’s getting around $5 per inch for his .32 liners... they’re 1/2” outside diameter.
    Last edited by jandbj; 05-26-2021 at 04:29 PM.

I regret selling my Benelli MP3S .32 S&W Long target pistol. A bit heavy for a field pistol but wonderfully accurate:

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    Wow. That thing is Gucci-sexy. What an odd caliber for an European auto pistol.
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

Quote Originally Posted by entropy View Post
    What an odd caliber for an European auto pistol.
    32 S&W Long autos are very common in Europe. Many places require gun club membership for a certain time period before granting a license to own handguns. So you have club guns in cultures that don't prioritize defensive shooting. Then many have a stairwell approach to ratcheting ownership. A rimfire or smallbore for a while before being able to step it up. Thirty-two target pistols in bullseye clubs are still a popular step. Sweden, in particular, is a good place to look and see just how quietly common they are.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    There's a similar approach with automobile and motorcycle operator licensing.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by entropy View Post
    Wow. That thing is Gucci-sexy. What an odd caliber for an European auto pistol.
    .32 S&W Long wadcutter is/was the preferred caliber for UIT Centerfire Pistol (cf. Walther GSP). It's been so long (late 80s) since I've shot UIT bullseye I'm not sure if Centerfire is still a thing. I still have the custom grips I had made for my 6" M19 when I was stationed in Germany.

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    When I was a little kid, I always enjoyed prowling around in my grandmother’s basement. I never met my grandpa, as he passed before I was born, but enjoyed rummaging thru all of his stuff that was still in the basement. To this day I can remember coming across a drawer that had .32 S&W and .32 Long LRN ammo in it. I spent years of my youth quietly looking around for the guns those were for. Never found them. Knowing what I was told of him, I expect there were a couple of nice revolvers SOMEWHERE...

Now you guys got me looking at old Browning Autos and Colt revolvers...
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    I'm still thinking this with a .32NAA barrel would be teh hotness in this domain. Functional sights, poly frame, reliable, etc. I have the .22 and it's a super-slim, lightweight sweetheart.

Name:  Browning 1911-380 Black Label Pro.jpg
Views: 257
Size:  46.2 KB

But I'm also reviving the idea of a GP or SP with a tapered barrel lug.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Third Level of Bunny Gun Nirvanna

How about this one?

Beretta 70 with 20cm barrel, machined from 10" twist Douglas Premium .308 blank, chambered to headspace on case mouth, (.30 M1 Carbine reamer stopped short, and RWS factory rounds used a Go gage) 4X Leupold LER scope on custom mount by John Taylor. Carefully prepped handloads with 90-grain Hornady .309" XTPs shoot better than the common RWS 74-grain FMJ shown in 8-shot, 25-yard groups here. Mr. Wabbit beware!

Name:  7inchM70ScopeRWS_FMJ.jpg
Views: 217
Size:  43.4 KBName:  Beretta.jpg
Views: 201
Size:  78.9 KBName:  100_4056.jpg
Views: 211
Size:  41.3 KB
    Last edited by Outpost75; 06-05-2021 at 06:09 PM.

^^ That is a level of enthusiasm I have not yet plumbed!

I bet rabbits tell horror stories to their kits about that monster.

What does the pistol weigh when set up like that?
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

User Tag List