Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Glocks (again)

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Some guys will instead make the blue label dealer pull 3 or 4 of the same model to pick the one with the best out of the box trigger .... allegedly...
    Where I shop they get you approved and bring Your Pistol Out. That is the one you get.
    These days BL Distributors in this area only have their latest deliveries for a day or two with buyers on a waiting list.

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    As far as magazine releases, I personally find the extended release on the GEN3 G34 too long and uncomfortable. The sweet spot is the FBI length magazine release, which is about halfway between the OEM standard and extended models, but the GEN3 OEM FBI length release was never available commercially.
    Get a factory G34 release and rub it on moderately rough pavement until it's whatever length you like. Bonus points: the finish is textured. If you want a finer texture, then use finer pavement.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

A P-07 wouldn’t fit in my small Pelican alongside my Shadow2, so I’m carrying this on my Alabama trip. My G4 26 gets more use for this sort of thing than any of my other Glocks.

"You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    A P-07 wouldn’t fit in my small Pelican alongside my Shadow2, so I’m carrying this on my Alabama trip. My G4 26 gets more use for this sort of thing than any of my other Glocks.

A P-07 version of the Glock 26 would be too awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    Get a factory G34 release and rub it on moderately rough pavement until it's whatever length you like. Bonus points: the finish is textured. If you want a finer texture, then use finer pavement.

Okie John
    I have reduced the length and rounded the corners on many of them with sandpaper.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    Thanks for the explanation. Maybe after the Gen 5 they'll stop screwing with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noah View Post
    I wouldn't bet on it. Like JSGlock34 explained, it's a constant improvement.
    Having achieved "Perfection" the only logical thing to do is perfect it.

Site Supporter
    Okay here's a quick update on the Gen 3 G17.

I was able to install a minus connector and a set of Talon grips tonight. I haven't fired it yet, but man what a difference. The trigger now feels just like my Gen 3 G34 -- literally. Huge difference from how it was before. The Talon grips fix the problem with the slippery grip frame, and I bought an extra set that I will install on the G34. Activating the adhesive with heat after installation is the way to go IMO.

The only bummer is that somehow when I was reassembling the pistol I broke the little spring wire on the slide release lever. Arrgh! But fortunately I was able to move the one from my G34 to the G17 so I can shoot it this weekend. I'll just order another lever for the G34 so no biggie.

I'll get some shooting done this weekend and post another update.

Site Supporter
    I took the Gen 3 G17 to the range today and was quite pleased. I'm surprised at the amount of difference the minus connector and Talon grips make. I'm still getting used to the Glock trigger in general, but the connector is a big improvement.

About the only difference between my G17 and G34 now is that the G34 is slightly more forgiving of a less than perfect grip and trigger press. With the G17 I have to focus more on fundamentals -- but the accuracy is there.

Thanks to everyone who contributed ideas and comments on this thread -- it was well worth it.

Don’t know if anyone else has said it, but since you’re coming from 1911s...

Trying to get a Glock trigger to feel like a 1911 trigger is a fool’s errand.

At some point you need to learn to shoot the trigger in the gun(s) you’re shooting. The inclusion of “glass rod break” for example in at least one post is a red flag for me regarding the goal of all this fiddling.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Don’t know if anyone else has said it, but since you’re coming from 1911s...

Trying to get a Glock trigger to feel like a 1911 trigger is a fool’s errand.

At some point you need to learn to shoot the trigger in the gun(s) you’re shooting. The inclusion of “glass rod break” for example in at least one post is a red flag for me regarding the goal of all this fiddling.
    Getting the Glock trigger to be like a 1911 is not one of my goals. Learning to shoot the Glock trigger IS one of my goals.

User Tag List