Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Glocks (again)

Site Supporter
    I did some measurements and found that the G4 41, which I assume would be the same for the G4 G21.
    Is very close to my G34 with the large back strap on. Putting any of the back straps on the 41 makes it bigger.
    The Gen 3 21 I have is a non-SF and it's almost too large for me. I've thought about getting the G21 grip modified but haven't yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    My concern is over the difference between shooting the Gen 3 17 and all the other Glocks I own.

Anyway, I have placed an order for an OEM minus connector and a couple sets of Talon grips, and I really want to make sure I give that Gen 3 G17 a fair shake before I move on from it.
    I have said this in the past and will say it again: I have a stash of 3-4 "minus" connectors and if I end up with a Glock that I cannot keep the front sight relatively stable in dry fire, I play the swap out game.

If that OEM minus connector doesn't fix your problem send me a PM and I can send you a few to try out.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by rayrevolver View Post
    I have said this in the past and will say it again: I have a stash of 3-4 "minus" connectors and if I end up with a Glock that I cannot keep the front sight relatively stable in dry fire, I play the swap out game.

If that OEM minus connector doesn't fix your problem send me a PM and I can send you a few to try out.
    Thanks for the offer.

The part I ordered is listed as an OEM 4.5 lb minus connector. Which makes me wonder a little, since I've also seen them described as OEM 3.5 lb connectors. Hopefully it goes right in without alteration -- I've read that non-OEM versions can sometimes take a little fitting.

Thanks for the offer.

The part I ordered is listed as an OEM 4.5 lb minus connector. Which makes me wonder a little, since I've also seen them described as OEM 3.5 lb connectors. Hopefully it goes right in without alteration -- I've read that non-OEM versions can sometimes take a little fitting.
    At some point Glock changed the terminology from 3.5 to 4.5. All my connectors are OEM and purchased maybe in the 2006 time frame. Well, since I had to swap with a G4 G19 and G5 G34, there might be 2 in the pile that are newer. They all look the same though.

And yes, there should be no fitting required.

Good luck!

Side story - traded into a G48 and didn't like the trigger. I had to buy a few OEM connectors and found one that worked better. But then bought an aftermarket one that had a weird shelf that needed to be sanded. It works but generally I stick with Glock OEM for ignition stuff.

Site Supporter
    At some point Glock changed the terminology from 3.5 to 4.5. All my connectors are OEM and purchased maybe in the 2006 time frame. Well, since I had to swap with a G4 G19 and G5 G34, there might be 2 in the pile that are newer. They all look the same though.

Good luck!

Side story - traded into a G48 and didn't like the trigger. I had to buy a few OEM connectors and found one that worked better. But then bought an aftermarket one that had a weird shelf that needed to be sanded. It works but generally I stick with Glock OEM for ignition stuff.
    Thanks for the info. The installation procedure looks pretty easy.

Site Supporter

Good luck!

The change from 3.5 to 4.5 coincided with the geometry change necessitated by the Gen 4 dimensional changes.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    The change from 3.5 to 4.5 coincided with the geometry change necessitated by the Gen 4 dimensional changes.
    If I remember correctly, was also the reason for the introduction of the “dot” connector. Is seems to be fun dependent, but I’m usually a fan of a dot connector in a Gen 3.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by professor View Post
    If I remember correctly, was also the reason for the introduction of the “dot” connector. Is seems to be fun dependent, but I’m usually a fan of a dot connector in a Gen 3.
    Yes.

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Lots of people seem to feel there is something unique about them that makes them much harder to shoot than other semi-auto duty handguns. This hasn't been my experience.
    Nor mine and lord knows I have tried about everything under the sun. Turns out I shoot them all about the same and Glocks are super convenient and reliable.

Re the G34 love: I wanted to love it but didn't find it any advantage over a 17 or even 19 slide length. I actually don't think I even own one any more.

Hammertime
    Okay so I bought all the Glocks. Now I am setting about the task of figuring which work the best for me.

Okay, so I didn't really buy all the Glocks. But I bought some. My current inventory includes the following:
    Gen 3 G17
    Gen 3 G34 (I really really like this gun)
    Gen 5 G17
    Gen 4 G21
    Gen 4 G41

At the end of this experimental phase I will select a pistol for carry and another for home defense use. I will also make whatever purchases necessary to ensure I have a duplicate of each for training/practice etc... The longer G34 and G41 are only slightly less comfortable to me when carrying -- and it only matters when seated. So I could possibly end up with several G34s or G41s for carry, home defense, and training/practice. Or not.

The HD weapon will probably be either the G34 or G41, as I like the extra length when a light is attached.
    My advice is to pick the one that tickles your fancy and drive on. I don't think the differences are enough to stress over. Only you can really answer your question and it should be a fun process to find that answer.

For me personally I think the Gen 5 guns are a significant step up over other generations, and I would have no use for the heavier, more expensive .45 ammo or launchers for that ammo.

User Tag List