Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sling bag recommendations for Glock 17

Sling bag recommendations for Glock 17

Anyone have any recommendations for a sling bag just big enough to carry a Glock 17?

Yes, a Safepacker, from The Wilderness dot com. Put any sling or strap you want on its D-rings.

The Wilderness sells a sling to match, but anything that can attach to D-rings will do.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

A sling bag, but only large enough to fit a Glock 17......that's very specific, and you're not going to find many options for. A few of the guys I work with have an 8L-sized sling bag from Patagonia that is appreciably more svelte than our issued VertX Transit sling bags, but it's still quite a bite larger than what you're looking for.

There's also the ERP from 5.11 which matches your size criteria, but I don't know how feasible that will be to actually carry a gun for defensive purposes versus simply having a gun on your person to say you have a gun.

Unless you like the safe packer, your best bet is to get a fanny pack and wear it as a sling bag. That's what I do with my Eagle fanny pack, and it will provide you a turn-key solution for defensive carry instead of buying an extremely small sling bag that you'll still have to do some pretty extensive modifications to in order to make it useful as anything other than a rabbit's foot talisman.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Site Supporter
    I've looked at sling bags, but I haven't found any really appropriate for fast presentation and reholstering.

TGS, do you have a source for the Eagle Industries fanny pack. Mine is getting frayed after many years and they're no longer offered on the website.

Quote Originally Posted by jnc36rcpd View Post
    I've looked at sling bags, but I haven't found any really appropriate for fast presentation and reholstering.

TGS, do you have a source for the Eagle Industries fanny pack. Mine is getting frayed after many years and they're no longer offered on the website.
    I don't as I believe they're out of business, but I do believe I have a spare that has your name on it for the price of a coffee and some war stories. Next time I come back stateside we can meet up...can you hold out until late June?

I'll also show you my VertX transit sling, if you're interested....it's pretty slick for rapid draws, as unlike most sling bags it's specifically designed/built for defensive carry.

Here's two videos...lightening speed, and the 2nd one is more realistic for me:

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jnc36rcpd View Post

This one??

https://offbase.co/products/eagle-in...-erb-belly-bag (looks to be available for shipping)

https://legitkit.com/collections/erb-drop
    2 colorways available, 1 sold out.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

The one I was referring to is the one designed for CCW; http://webbingbabel.blogspot.com/201...y-pack-le.html

Though, it appears that Blackhawk fortunately makes a copy of it: https://www.amazon.com/BLACKHAWK-Con.../dp/B004T18NFA

Site Supporter
    When my Eagle died after about 12 years regular use I went looking and couldn't find one, as Eagle was kaput. Found a local Blackhawk bag, and broke my rule about never buying Blackhawk if anything else was available. In this case the something else available was a different design.

About six years old now, and it is starting to come apart. It is another example of Blackhawk's poorly executing a copied design.

For the size requirements I would suggest the Safepaker or a long strapped, slung fanny pack.

I really, reallly like the Maxpedition Gearslingers with their dedicated CCW pockets. I have owned a couple, and want to pick up a Monsoon in the near future. I have loved that particular bag since Stephen H modeled over on lightfighter. Everytime I went to buy one I would get a screaming deal on something else, like the Sitka and Kodiak.

pat

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
    Anyone have any recommendations for a sling bag just big enough to carry a Glock 17?
    Kelty Sling Bag: https://www.kelty.com/sling-bag/

EDIT: The Kelty is a trim 4.1 liters.

User Tag List