Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Help me find...

Help me find...

I want a Dan Wesson ECO 9mm if I can find one at a reasonable price. Unfortunately DW discontinued them this year. Almost impossible to find online and then selling for above msrp $1625. I definitely want one that has the genuine Novak cuts which means post 2015.
    If anybody stumbles across one please let me know.

Edited: I originally put CCO but ECO is the model Im looking for.

The only way I would buy a used one would be ftom a member here or someone a member knows. My main concern is with a used one is reliability and out of warranty.
    Last edited by UNK; 04-30-2021 at 05:15 PM.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

I don’t have any leads on one, but the 9mm ECO is a great gun. Fun to shoot and easy to carry. I’d keep an eye out in the classifieds at the 1911Addicts forum.

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    I don’t have any leads on one, but the 9mm ECO is a great gun. Fun to shoot and easy to carry. I’d keep an eye out in the classifieds at the 1911Addicts forum.
    First page ECO marked as sold. I cant help but wonder if DW is going to replace it with something similar. Ive read online that DW has discontinued models in the past only to reintroduce them later.

This is the Dan Wesson firearm store. Shows an ECO blem and ECO non-blem in 9mm. It let me add one in the cart, but didn't pursue any further since I'm not in the market for one.

https://danwessonfirearmstore.com/da...mm-black-blem/

Quote Originally Posted by JAH 3rd View Post
    This is the Dan Wesson firearm store. Shows an ECO blem and ECO non-blem in 9mm. It let me add one in the cart, but didn't pursue any further since I'm not in the market for one.

It's a pretty sophisticated scam site, sadly...they only accept payment by Zelle transfer, or bitcoin.

The "engrish" on the site has some issues as well, and basically...a Dan Wesson firearm store, based in California? Really? It would not surprise me to find the strings are being pulled offshore and any monies sent their way instantly disappear.
    Last edited by Evil_Ed; 04-30-2021 at 07:25 PM. Reason: more information

Quote Originally Posted by JAH 3rd View Post

Very interesting. It let me put 2 in the cart. Ill head over to my LGS tomorrow and see what kind of deal they would cut me on a special order.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Ed View Post
    It's a pretty sophisticated scam site, sadly...they only accept payment by Zelle transfer, or bitcoin.

The "engrish" on the site has some issues as well, and basically...a Dan Wesson firearm store, based in California? Really? It would not surprise me to find the strings are being pulled offshore and any monies sent their way instantly disappear.
    Thanks for the website observation! That’s what’s great about this forum, input from others!!

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    First page ECO marked as sold. I cant help but wonder if DW is going to replace it with something similar. Ive read online that DW has discontinued models in the past only to reintroduce them later.
    They discontinued the ECO because of poor sales.

They discontinued all the Valor models a few years ago, but then brought it back with some changes after everyone raised hell about it.

I like Dan Wesson, and was a huge fan for years (I’ve owned 20+ DW’s, and had them build me 3 or 4 custom guns), but I’m not sure I really like the direction they’re headed now. I think they’ve had a real tough time in NY with all the COVID restrictions.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Ed View Post

And I just noticed its an unsecured site.

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    And I just noticed its an unsecured site.
    That's a-ok, since you can't throw a credit card, check, or money order at them anyway...they only accept Zelle or other anonymous forms of payment with no fraud protection

Oh and if you dig some more, you'll find they ship internationally, apparently..

User Tag List