Thread: CZ P-10 Analog in .22LR

CZ P-10 Analog in .22LR

I recently bought a CZ P-10S OR, and am liking it quite a bit. With the scarcity and price of centerfire ammo, I was hoping to find a .22LR semi-auto that, as closely as possible, mimicked the P-10 to provide lower-cost practice. If I looked correctly, CZ has a .22 that closely resembles the CZ75, but not the striker-fired P-10.

Any suggestions from the group? If not a CZ, another mfgr's .22 that would support a red dot and close resemble shooting the P-10 (other than recoil, of course)?

Thanks!

I have a hard time believing you'll find a 22lr gun or conversion kit that can reliably run a slide mounted red dot.
    David S.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by flyrodr View Post
    I recently bought a CZ P-10S OR, and am liking it quite a bit. With the scarcity and price of centerfire ammo, I was hoping to find a .22LR semi-auto that, as closely as possible, mimicked the P-10 to provide lower-cost practice. If I looked correctly, CZ has a .22 that closely resembles the CZ75, but not the striker-fired P-10.

Any suggestions from the group? If not a CZ, another mfgr's .22 that would support a red dot and close resemble shooting the P-10 (other than recoil, of course)?

Thanks!
    Taurus TX-22 mimics the CZ P-10 pretty well.

They have a new "competition" version which includes an RDS mount on the fixed barrel.

Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    I have a hard time believing you'll find a 22lr gun or conversion kit that can reliably run a slide mounted red dot.
    I'm sure some .22 pistols, given their design characteristics, as well as the cartridge's low energy, might be problematic with a dot. That said, I have one of the older M&P .22s with an RMR on it, which runs pretty reliably with ammo like CCI, and about 95-98% so with cheaper bulk ammo . . . as long as it's kept lubed and cleaned occasionally.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Taurus TX-22 mimics the CZ P-10 pretty well.

They have a new "competition" version which includes an RDS mount on the fixed barrel.
    Thanks very much. I'll check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post

Name:  4FA87E29-82E1-46E0-B972-AA0C89148139.jpg
Views: 631
Size:  49.3 KB

Believe it!

My Shadow 2 trainer in 22LR, completely reliable.

I stand corrected.
    David S.

User Tag List