Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jeff Cooper and the Creation of IPSC

Jeff Cooper and the Creation of IPSC

Very cool, thanks!

I kept waiting for them to tell me to get off their lawn, though....
    Last edited by JCN; 04-29-2021 at 02:21 PM.

Site Supporter
    It is a good video. I would like to know more about how the Americans had to have things their way and created USPSA in the 1980s.

One of the better videos in the series. Ken's really at his best when he's talking history.

I was involved in IPSC in California, back in the late 80's. Younger shooters today would be amazed at how basic the gear was compared to today. Some of the things commonly incorporated into stages back then would make an insurance adjuster faint.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

That video should have been about three hours long and Ken should have let the other guys talk a lot more.

Okoe John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Cool video. I shot my first IPSC match at Fort Harmar in 1981. Certainly has been a lot of change since.

Quote Originally Posted by BN View Post
    Cool video. I shot my first IPSC match at Fort Harmar in 1981. Certainly has been a lot of change since.
    Was it the old Ft Harmar or the new? I shot a course at the old venue that involved going down into a ditch/creek. Some guys lost magazines down in that crap!

Good times!

Quote Originally Posted by Rick R View Post
    Was it the old Ft Harmar or the new? I shot a course at the old venue that involved going down into a ditch/creek. Some guys lost magazines down in that crap!

Good times!
    I started at the old range in town. Before people built houses behind the back stop and they had to close the range. There was a creek that ran across the range between the 50 yard line and the 25 yard line.

When they moved to the new range out in the country, they had stages where you had to jump into the creek and make your way, wading down the creek while shooting targets. That was fun. Best to bring a change of clothes those days.

Yep, good times.

I started shooting IPSC in 78 at the Medina Rifle and Pistol Club in Northern Ohio. We shot in a sand pit, usually only one stage, and most of us shot a 1911 in .45ACP. We had a great time. I do miss it. USPSA isn't the same. The stages are overly complicated with awkward positions and many 180 degree traps.

Quote Originally Posted by BN View Post
    Cool video. I shot my first IPSC match at Fort Harmar in 1981.
    Maybe another P-F guy I have met but don't know...

User Tag List