Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Ok, who did this?

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I've mentioned this previously...

We had an agent in our agency who, when told to stagger the rounds in his magazine at FLETC, tried to put one forward, one backward alternating in his mag.

Sigh...
    What a dumbass... EVERYONE knows that means one 9mm, then a 40, then a 45, and repeat till mag is full.

Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    What a dumbass... EVERYONE knows that means one 9mm, then a 40, then a 45, and repeat till mag is full.
    Of course, and the trick is to make sure the .45 winds up on top so as to hold the rest of the rounds I place.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    Of course, and the trick is to make sure the .45 winds up on top so as to hold the rest of the rounds I place.
    You could just put one .45. Problem solved.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    I've heard of it as well. I've also seen an empty come off of barricade and go right back down into the slide opening and tie up a gun. Weird shit happens.
    That happened to me. Pain to clear. Edge of the empty wedged in.

Quote Originally Posted by BN View Post
    I heard of a well known IPSC shooter who had a malfunction where the round flipped up out of the mag while shooting and it flipped around and went into the chamber reversed. Took him a long time to clear.
    I've seen that malfunction happen two or three times over the years, also seen them flip around coming out of a magazine pouch. That happened more than once over the years, typically with officers who wore their mag pouches horizontally with the bullets facing down.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    I've heard of it as well. I've also seen an empty come off of barricade and go right back down into the slide opening and tie up a gun. Weird shit happens.
    Well... that sort of malfunction doesn't happen if you're using a revolver....
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    Yep... He stopped the man and they dug it out with pliers. I think the RO felt like it was better that he cleared it than send that guy home with it.
    Brings to mind the DOD warning someone posted here about why it is not good to use a loose round of 50BMG as a hammer.

Name:  DODWarning.jpg
Views: 227
Size:  69.4 KB
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

Quote Originally Posted by NEPAKevin View Post
    Brings to mind the DOD warning someone posted here about why it is not good to use a loose round of 50BMG as a hammer.

Name:  DODWarning.jpg
Views: 227
Size:  69.4 KB
    Well, that's gonna make it hard to pick boogers... Damn it, boy!

... that escalated VERY quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by NEPAKevin View Post
    Dammit man !! I was eating a big plate of sweet and sour pork when I scrolled down and saw that

User Tag List