Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Michael Collins Has Died

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Site Supporter
    Godspeed, pioneer.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Site Supporter
    God bless and thank you. The courage displayed, to walk into the unknown, awes me.

I'm amazed at the sacrifice of being willing to take the same risk in going to the moon, but not actually getting to land with on the surface. And to be willing to be absolutely isolated from all human contact when on the far side of the moon as well.

Hopefully we can get someone back to the moon before the last of those who went die of old age.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

RIP, steely-eyed missile man.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

A life well-lived.

Godspeed.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    I'm amazed at the sacrifice of being willing to take the same risk in going to the moon, but not actually getting to land with on the surface. And to be willing to be absolutely isolated from all human contact when on the far side of the moon as well.

Hopefully we can get someone back to the moon before the last of those who went die of old age.
    It's a commonly held myth that command module pilots were somehow second stringers when the opposite is actually true. They were very carefully chosen for their preference for their own company and their individual initiative. In a worst case scenario the CMP had to bring the ship back alone, hardly a job for the JV.

RIP Mr. Collins.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    It's a commonly held myth that command module pilots were somehow second stringers when the opposite is actually true. They were very carefully chosen for their preference for their own company and their individual initiative. In a worst case scenario the CMP had to bring the ship back alone, hardly a job for the JV.

RIP Mr. Collins.
    Someone had to be the "designated driver", and I'm glad he (and the other CMP's) were willing to do so.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Site Supporter
    A true unsung hero.

Godspeed, Major General Collins.
    "We are the domestic pets of a human zoo we call civilization."

Laurence Gonzales - "Deep Survival."

Nickel on the grass . . .
    "Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master"

User Tag List