Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: RUGER TALO GP100 3"

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Dane View Post
    I suspect these will go straight to gun joker at price that will make my Python look like a steal... I'm not sure that I wouldn't trade though.
    Considering Impact Guns is pricing .357 2" LCRs at the eye-watering price of $668, I suspect you are correct.

ETA: Considering I got the "in stock" email over two hours ago, and as of right now there are still some in-stock, maybe that means things are headed toward leveling off. A couple months ago they would have sold out almost instantly at that price.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    I'd be curious to know how many Talo exclusives are initiated at the request of Talo because they think it's what customers want and how many are initiated by Ruger to move products that are not moving because customers don't want them in standard configurations ?

For example, is Ruger only making this configuration as a means to move a surplus of 7 shot guns / frames/ cylinders ?
    If the 7 shot guns weren't moving, there would be some inventory sitting around. Gallery of Guns is one of Rugers' main distributors. They have been showing "No Inventory" for the 7 and 6 shot GP models since last fall. If they weren't selling, why aren't they piled up at the distributors?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by vtfarmer View Post
    If the 7 shot guns weren't moving, there would be some inventory sitting around. Gallery of Guns is one of Rugers' main distributors. They have been showing "No Inventory" for the 7 and 6 shot GP models since last fall. If they weren't selling, why aren't they piled up at the distributors?
    Not necessarily with “just in time” inventory systems.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Not necessarily with “just in time” inventory systems.
    In the first place, if it were "just in time" inventory the guns would be labeled as available. In the second place, that's not how Gallery of Guns does it as a distributor. I've bought several guns from them through their network on past years. Say the 7 shot 4", to pick a model. I check their site, inventory is 0, keep checking and one day there are 36 in inventory. That number will go down one and two at a time until they're all gone. Then it's wait for the next batch.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by vtfarmer View Post
    In the first place, if it were "just in time" inventory the guns would be labeled as available. In the second place, that's not how Gallery of Guns does it as a distributor. I've bought several guns from them through their network on past years. Say the 7 shot 4", to pick a model. I check their site, inventory is 0, keep checking and one day there are 36 in inventory. That number will go down one and two at a time until they're all gone. Then it's wait for the next batch.
    I’m talking about the manufacturer.

Site Supporter
    I hope hope Davidson’s Gallery of Guns goes back allowing you to order right off their website again. They have the 7 shot WC listed as out of stock

Quote Originally Posted by Poconnor View Post
    I hope hope Davidson’s Gallery of Guns goes back allowing you to order right off their website again. They have the 7 shot WC listed as out of stock
    You and me both. Just for the heck of it last night on GOG I clicked on "Item search". Entered RUGER and REVOLVER and DOUBLE ACTION in the boxes. I got 11 pages of results, 6 models to a page. 66 models, every-single-one was listed as "out of stock". It appears that as fast as guns come in from Ruger, they're immediately sent right out to fill gun shop orders. Nothing stays around long enough to be listed as inventory.

Quote Originally Posted by Poconnor View Post
    Their website does not inspire confidence.
    #RESIST

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Meh. 7 shot means my speed loaders won't work and I wish they'd put the "read instruction manual" roll mark in a less visible place. Especially on the stainless versions it's an eye sore.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Meh. 7 shot means my speed loaders won't work and I wish they'd put the "read instruction manual" roll mark in a less visible place. Especially on the stainless versions it's an eye sore.
    Concur, fervently. I loathe the "read instruction manual" bit.
    #RESIST

User Tag List