Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: RUGER TALO GP100 3"

Sorry,wrong part number,the correct one is 01790(40177 is a TALO MK IV).Guerrero,sir,yes definitely a 6 shot.

Quote Originally Posted by RONK View Post
    Sorry,wrong part number,the correct one is 01790(40177 is a TALO MK IV).Guerrero,sir,yes definitely a 6 shot.
    Any indication of when they will be available?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jh9 View Post
    Sounds like they're pretty confident Ruger has the 7-shot-rimlock thing under control.
    Looks that way. We had multiple threads about it.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....s-reliable-now

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....shot-vs-7-shot

Summary: The original 7 shot had the same size cylinder (and presumably the same frame)as the 6 shot GP100. The newer / current production 7 shots have a slightly larger cylinder, which apparently a required moving the forcing cone location making it 7 shot specific frame. This is likely why Ruger was replacing the early problem guns instead of just swapping cylinders.

On another note, give it a few years and Ruger collectors will be paying top dollar for rare "original" 7 shot "Rim Lock" GP-100s.........
    Last edited by HCM; 04-28-2021 at 12:46 PM.

A six shot in that configuration would be interesting to me. I have no interest in a seven shot version.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

Quote Originally Posted by jlw View Post
    A six shot in that configuration would be interesting to me. I have no interest in a seven shot version.
    I have the six shot, I recommend it.
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jlw View Post
    I'd be curious to know how many Talo exclusives are initiated at the request of Talo because they think it's what customers want and how many are initiated by Ruger to move products that are not moving because customers don't want them in standard configurations ?

For example, is Ruger only making this configuration as a means to move a surplus of 7 shot guns / frames/ cylinders ?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    I'd be curious to know how many Talo exclusives are initiated at the request of Talo because they think it's what customers want and how many are initiated by Ruger to move products that are not moving because customers don't want them in standard configurations ?

For example, is Ruger only making this configuration as a means to move a surplus of 7 shot guns / frames/ cylinders ?
    I suspect both, via a market surveillance + production management sort of process.

e.g.
    Marketing guy: "Guys, lots of dudes on the internet are clamoring for 3in .357's, can we do that?"

Production guy: "Sure, we've got a lot of the 7 shot frames that aren't selling, we can put 3in barrels on those and see what happens!"

My FFL cannot get any GP100 revolvers, so I am not sure I need to worry about being tempted by this one. The display case used to be full of DA revolvers; last time I was there, there was one S&W 640 and one blued SP101. I have not seen a GP100, new or used, in 2021. Nor a S&W K-frame, L-frame, N-frame, or X-frame. Nor a Kimber and the FFL is a Kimber "Master Dealer" or whatever the program is called now.

I suspect these will go straight to gun joker at price that will make my Python look like a steal... I'm not sure that I wouldn't trade though.

That is a good looking gun

User Tag List