Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: RUGER TALO GP100 3"

Any news on this?

Site Supporter
    I only hear crickets.

Of course they'll blame it on Covid. That's the excuse for the rest of the "back order economy" we have now.

Dave

I know the cylinder is like .05" wider post fix, will that allow it to still fit in GP100 6 shot holsters such as JM AIWB's?

Quote Originally Posted by azerious View Post
    I know the cylinder is like .05" wider post fix, will that allow it to still fit in GP100 6 shot holsters such as JM AIWB's?

My 6 shot WC measures 1.549 and my 3" .44 special measures 1.587. I just got a George from JMCK and it would work for both guns if the flutes were not molded into the holster or the .44 had a fluted cylinder. There is plenty of room for the cylinder and I would say as long as the flutes are in the same place it would work. I am tempted to email Tony to see what the best process is to remover the flutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Dane View Post
    My 6 shot WC measures 1.549 and my 3" .44 special measures 1.587. I just got a George from JMCK and it would work for both guns if the flutes were not molded into the holster or the .44 had a fluted cylinder. There is plenty of room for the cylinder and I would say as long as the flutes are in the same place it would work. I am tempted to email Tony to see what the best process is to remover the flutes.
    If the flutes impede the cylinder from rotating it would prevent an inadvertent cocking of the hammer in the holster. Food for thought, not necessarily something I would worry about, no such feature available for DA/SA autos.

Name:  gp100.jpg
Views: 748
Size:  31.1 KB

The blue Talo GP100 is now pictured on the Lipseys website. It is model number 1790 and it turns out that it has a 2.5" barrel. I find it a bit interesting that Lipseys/Talo are offering many of these shorter barrelled and half lug exclusives in blue only, and not brushed stainless.

I'm sure that the new brushed stainless, seven shot Wiley Clapp II (model no. 1789) will be a good seller. I am glad that Ruger finally ponied up and made the frame changes to fix the GP100 seven shooters. I had been hoping that Ruger would come out with a competitor to the 686 Plus for many years. I must confess that my hopes for this model (and a subsequent fix for the early GP seven shooters) were based in the thought that it would make more folks see that there is a bit of a gap in the Ruger double action lineup. If Ruger can make a frame revision to slightly increase the cylinder diameter of the GP, they can do the same for another model that falls between it and the LCR.
    Last edited by JWintergreen; 06-12-2021 at 10:54 PM.

The 3" Wiley Clapp II is available on Grabagun for $884.99. That is very close to MSRP, but at least it is available. Grabagun made a mistake and labeled it as a six shot.

LOL

Just refreshed the page

Name:  south park.jpeg
Views: 680
Size:  21.6 KB

There are several on Gunbroker now. Starting bid is $999. Does look nice. Wish I could see one in person.

I just thought that I would point out (for historical purposes), that since Ruger's MSRP hike, GP100s are now more expensive than S&W 686 revolvers. For example, a basic blued 4.25" 6 shot GP (model no. 1702) has an MSRP of $929.00, and a stainless 4.25" 686 Plus has an MSRP of $894.00. The comparable seven shot GP has an MSRP of $1,039.00. I never thought I would live to see that.

We are truly nearing the end times...

Name:  Homer.jpg
Views: 373
Size:  37.0 KB

User Tag List