Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: RUGER TALO GP100 3"

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Concur, fervently. I loathe the "read instruction manual" bit.
    JCN can take that billboard off with a little angle grinder and bondo.

I kid, I kid. JCN you're awesome. Keep living your best life one mad science project at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Looks that way. We had multiple threads about it.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....s-reliable-now

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....shot-vs-7-shot

Summary: The original 7 shot had the same size cylinder (and presumably the same frame)as the 6 shot GP100. The newer / current production 7 shots have a slightly larger cylinder, which apparently a required moving the forcing cone location making it 7 shot specific frame. This is likely why Ruger was replacing the early problem guns instead of just swapping cylinders.

On another note, give it a few years and Ruger collectors will be paying top dollar for rare "original" 7 shot "Rim Lock" GP-100s.........
    Interesting.

I guess one of the benefits to this drought is that by the time I see a new one of these for sale it should have the updated frame

https://www.ruger.com/products/gp100...eets/1782.html

This the reason, after more than 20 years, I've never parted with this Security Six in 2 3/4. Quite possibly the perfect sized do all .357.

Well worth the $125.00 I paid for it used, so many years ago.

If I could just find some better sights than the originals.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by CSW; 04-30-2021 at 07:42 AM.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Quote Originally Posted by jh9 View Post
    JCN can take that billboard off with a little angle grinder and bondo.

I kid, I kid. JCN you're awesome. Keep living your best life one mad science project at a time.
    Correction. #WeirdScience
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Meh. 7 shot means my speed loaders won't work and I wish they'd put the "read instruction manual" roll mark in a less visible place. Especially on the stainless versions it's an eye sore.
    On my SP101 that I bought in 2017, the "read instruction manual" line is on the flat underneath the barrel. You have to turn the gun sideways to see it. I can live with that. I wish they would do that on the GP100s'.

Quote Originally Posted by CSW View Post
    This the reason, after more than 20 years, I've never parted with this Security Six in 2 3/4. Quite possibly the perfect sized do all .357.

Well worth the $125.00 I paid for it used, so many years ago.

If I could just find some better sights than the originals.
    Did you ever see any of the old Millet front sights that came in reddish-orange and white? They show up on ebay occasionally. I've found enough on there to have them on all my GP100s'. One listing was for both GP and Security Six front sights, so to get the sights I wanted I ended up with Security Six sights in each color that I have no use for. Just throwing that out for consideration.

Site Supporter
    Vtfarmer- PM sent about the sights

Pm inbound.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Concur, fervently. I loathe the "read instruction manual" bit.
    Which is why I won't give up my circa 1976 Convertible Blackhawk and why, when the LGS had a used pre-billboard Security Six in the display case, I jumped on it like it was a steak and I hadn't eaten for three days.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Which is why I won't give up my circa 1976 Convertible Blackhawk and why, when the LGS had a used pre-billboard Security Six in the display case, I jumped on it like it was a steak and I hadn't eaten for three days.
    I still really want to own a GP100 or similar with the Southport, Conn. rollmark. Ditto re: a Colt AR + 1911 and the hartford stampings. Not badly enough to have bought any of these yet... but one day

User Tag List