Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Great White Hunter

Maybe we should raise funds to send him on a Cape Buffalo hunt. With a bit of luck, it might solve the "Wayne LePierre problem" for good.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Poconnor View Post
    My take was not a rich guy that never handled a rifle before but a rich guy that never hunted dangerous game before. How many guys in the USA can shoot a .375 H&H like they can shot a .308? Talk to hunting guides in the US. Out of shape rich guys that can’t shoot are common. My biggest take away from the video was that was a really nice Blaser rifle that I wish was mine. Remember that much of the hunting in Africa happens on farms and ranches. Not all species are common or available on a PH’s concession. Lion and leopard are often gone from farming areas. Plains game is common and is not considered extremely dangerous in most circumstances. Crowd them or wound them is another story
    Oh definitely, there's a lot of waddling-fat rich dudes that talk a big game and totally fold under 'buck fever' - but at least most of them have fondled their preferred hunting rifle enough to look like they know how to operate it, or fucking hold it at least. Good ol' Wayne is holding that Blaser like it's an elongated, radioactive fucking potato that just beat him in an IQ test.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    Maybe we should raise funds to send him on a Cape Buffalo hunt. With a bit of luck, it might solve the "Wayne LePierre problem" for good.
    I was in a doc's waiting room and reading some old outdoor magazines (before the era of phone). It described a buffalo hunt. The great hunter guide and client were looking for a buffalo. There was one hiding in some foliage. The guide said he will flush it. Well, all of a sudden, the buffalo breaks cover with the guide impaled on it horns. One in his chest and the other pushing his scrotum inside his body (as later determined). The buffalo runs away. The hunt's staff just disappear. To the client's credit, he goes after the buffalo and finds the hunter. He manages to get him to village for an evacuation chopper.

I don't think that would make a good video.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    I was in a doc's waiting room and reading some old outdoor magazines (before the era of phone). It described a buffalo hunt. The great hunter guide and client were looking for a buffalo. There was one hiding in some foliage. The guide said he will flush it. Well, all of a sudden, the buffalo breaks cover with the guide impaled on it horns. One in his chest and the other pushing his scrotum inside his body (as later determined). The buffalo runs away. The hunt's staff just disappear. To the client's credit, he goes after the buffalo and finds the hunter. He manages to get him to village for an evacuation chopper.

Kind of depends on who's impaled.
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post

Mark D. For NRA executive vacation/hunt coordinator!

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post

I like your posts Glen but you are missing the point on this……🤔

Look at every single photo of Loppy holding a gun. He looks like you handed him a bag of HIV dicks. The guy is a clown. All hat, no cattle.

Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    Yes he had a private herd of them. They were abandoned when Escobar was hunted down, and turns out they love it there.
    Evidently they are becoming a major nuisance and have expanded into major rivers there.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-56011594
    Any ideas on what would be the natural predator of a hippo? Say in Africa?
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Site Supporter
    My plan was a plains game & Cape buffalo hunt before I was 35. Getting married and 9/11 changed that. Urging Winchester model 70’s in 30-06 and 375 H&H was as far as I got. I vividly remember being told by my friends that went several times- plan on going back because it gets in your blood. Then he stressed - always carry your big rifle yourself. Never let the the Gun bearer carry it. If it goes bad the gun bearer will haul ass with your rifle. He suggested using a .375 H&H for every thing. Carry a solid load and a nosler partition load and use as needed

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Any ideas on what would be the natural predator of a hippo? Say in Africa?
    IDK, I think crocodile's live in the same rivers but my guess is they don't kill many hippos. Probably a suicide mission.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

User Tag List