Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: I keep saying it’s open season on cops

Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    I employ four young ladies, and four young men under the age of 24. All eight are way more conservative than I was at their age. They work hard and I hope they all stick with my company. This whole "the younger generation sucks" thing is nothing new under the sun. Americans have been bitching about it for centuries.
    State of residence checks out.
    #RESIST

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    So they revoked his arrest powers and put him on a desk - they haven’t fired him... yet.
    No - but it sends a clear enough message.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    No - but it sends a clear enough message.
    Policing is regional and my understanding of the way things work in the mid Atlantic region including DC metro PD is that this guy is losing a lot of money by being on a desk at base pay. Essentially a quote the process is the punishment “situation.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Policing is regional and my understanding of the way things work in the mid Atlantic region including DC metro PD is that this guy is losing a lot of money by being on a desk at base pay. Essentially a quote the process is the punishment “situation.
    Back in the 80's, the bosses would take us off what was then called AUO (later LEAP) for a quarter or more if we offended their sensibilities. It was a big chunk to lose in NYC and other cities with high expenses. They doled it out in order to ensure compliance with their whims more than to accommodate investigative needs.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

DC MPD has been a shit show for years...punishing cops for not doing anything wrong is nothing new. As early as 2008-2010 I was hearing about this stuff....I met one cop who got in trouble for making a u-turn in the street to pull someone over, citizens citing "an abuse of police powers in doing so", regardless of the fact making U-turns isn't illegal unless in an intersection, across bike lanes, etc.

I had a college friend get in trouble for writing the standard $535 no-insurance ticket when a driver failed to produce insurance on a traffic stop. She was black, my buddy is white. She complained that she shouldn't have gotten a ticket, he got written up.

Needless to say, they both left MPD.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Taylor View Post
    ... Is it really surprising some have a negative view of LE with things such as this arrest on video? Plenty of wrong and blame on both sides of the public /LE opinions of each other.
    I wasn't addressing the professions' failures, I was merely addressing the times we either aren't failing or are succeeding but the loud voices claim we did fail. More than a few of us talk about our failures.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    A marble rattled around the inside of my skull while packing my lunch and fell into a slot this morning.

Rough numbers.

19,000 homicide deaths in 2019, per CDC.

I've heard overall homicide numbers are up ~30 percent. Thats ~5700 additional deaths by homicide.

According to Wikipedia, 2977 people died in the 9/11 attacks.

So in the past year, we've seen as close as matters to two 9/11s in this country as a result of the drawdown of our police forces.

And it predominantly affects the populations that "they" say they are all about protecting.

-----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    A marble rattled around the inside of my skull while packing my lunch and fell into a slot this morning.

Rough numbers.

19,000 homicide deaths in 2019, per CDC.

I've heard overall homicide numbers are up ~30 percent. Thats ~5700 additional deaths by homicide.

According to Wikipedia, 2977 people died in the 9/11 attacks.

So in the past year, we've seen as close as matters to two 9/11s in this country as a result of the drawdown of our police forces.

And it predominantly affects the populations that "they" say they are all about protecting.

But GUNS!!!!!

MILITARY GRADE WEAPONRY ON OUR STREETS!!!

@OlongJohnson The FBI reported just under 14,000 homicides for 2019: https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s...ta-table-8.xls
    🤷🏼🤷🏼🤷🏼

Site Supporter

Great use of tuition money, here. Good for this kid.

User Tag List