Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I keep saying it’s open season on cops

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    I work with them every day.

I am not pessimistic. At least, not yet.
    Thats reassuring at least.
    “Archer not arrow. No such thing as a perfect pistol. Until you commit to being a better archer, you’ll keep hunting for a better arrow.”

-JCN

Fuck all the rabid cop haters. I hope they learn the error of their ways good and hard.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercworx View Post
    Ive heard discussions centered around the Union no longer being bound by any real commonalities and that perhapse we are really 2-3 countries still stuck together.

Im starting the share this opinion and If anyone has doubt I would encourage you (if you can manage) to take a closer look at the current crop of Americans ages 15-21.

This is where my pessimism stems from...
    IMO, it's the older generation (20-30) that's the problem. Let's call them the "Occupy Generation".
    The current crop of HS and college kids I know believe their older generation are a bunch of whining assholes.
    They (under 21's) seem to have adopted the good parts of what the progressives are bleating about without the cancel culture, Karenization and self aggrandizement.

ETA: Should have noted that I'm certain we have folks in the 20-30 range here that are exceptions to the above....
    Last edited by RoyGBiv; 04-27-2021 at 04:16 PM.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

On the topic at hand, I saw the video. It vfc appeared to me the officer who made the comment was other than white.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by CWM11B View Post
    On the topic at hand, I saw the video. It vfc appeared to me the officer who made the comment was other than white.
    Yes - but to the wokesters out there ethnicity is how you identify yourself and this cop obviously identifies as a white supremest.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    IMO, it's the older generation (20-30) that's the problem. Let's call them the "Occupy Generation".
    The current crop of HS and college kids I know believe their older generation are a bunch of whining assholes.
    They (under 21's) seem to have adopted the good parts of what the progressives are bleating about without the cancel culture, Karenization and self aggrandizement.

ETA: Should have noted that I'm certain we have folks in the 20-30 range here that are exceptions to the above....
    I don’t know brother....a really good friends son is graduating from Texas A&M next month and tells us all the time how woke the school is now. He says conservative thought is almost non existent and gave up on dating girls in school because he wasn’t going to play the woke game for a piece of a**. Very sad times, I wonder how woke the Corp of Cadets are?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    AKA: SkyLine1

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JM Campbell View Post
    I don’t know brother....a really good friends son is graduating from Texas A&M next month and tells us all the time how woke the school is now. He says conservative thought is almost non existent and gave up on dating girls in school because he wasn’t going to play the woke game for a piece of a**. Very sad times, I wonder how woke the Corp of Cadets are?

He's in the between age, I think.... 21, 22...
    My buddy's daughter graduated from there last year and she reports that it's a mixed bag of ideologies.
    My 22yo can't talk politics with friends she's graduating with next week. (not A&M)
    My 19yo is certain the folks ahead of him are mostly a-holes. His friends are pretty solid.

I'm remaining hopeful it's a positive trend, but stockpiling in case I'm wrong.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

I keep saying it’s open season on cops

He's in the between age, I think.... 21, 22...
    My buddy's daughter graduated from there last year and she reports that it's a mixed bag of ideologies.
    My 22yo can't talk politics with friends she's graduating with next week. (not A&M)
    My 19yo is certain the folks ahead of him are mostly a-holes. His friends are pretty solid.

It’s the same with him, does not talk politics with peers.
    Graduation gift is a M&P9 2.0 optics cut compact, already got him a colt upper cco and SOLGW lower that I made him learn how to build. I’m going to get him into some Green-Ops classes next.

Last edited by JM Campbell; 04-27-2021 at 05:03 PM.
    AKA: SkyLine1

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    ABS (Always Be Stockpilin)

Site Supporter
    My interactions with people of the college age give me little hope, and I encounter a lot of them. Most are decent people, and don’t buy into the cancel culture. However, they don’t recognize where the threat comes from and what needs to be done to fix the problem.

Not to mention they have, at best, a weak understanding of what it means to be American.

The above is also true for liberals in general.

You don’t have to be a bad, or evil, person to destroy America. If we only had to worry about bad and evil people, the world would be a pretty good place.

User Tag List