Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: I keep saying it’s open season on cops

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    My interactions with people of the college age give me little hope, and I encounter a lot of them.
    I was pretty fucking stupid in college though, even if I was still pro-2A. I think people come around with age.

I do think Gen Z has some unique psychosocial traits, including having grown up with smartphones. I was born in 88 and didn't get my first cell phone of any kind until I was about to graduate high school, and I don't think I had a smart phone until well after I graduated from college. 4 years later and that would have probably been different.

That said, I don't think it damns them in any particular direction. 20 year olds just don't make smart choices. I don't think this has ever not been true.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    I was pretty fucking stupid in college though, even if I was still pro-2A. I think people come around with age.

I do think Gen Z has some unique psychosocial traits, including having grown up with smartphones. I was born in 88 and didn't get my first cell phone of any kind until I was about to graduate high school, and I don't think I had a smart phone until well after I graduated from college. 4 years later and that would have probably been different.

That said, I don't think it damns them in any particular direction. 20 year olds just don't make smart choices. I don't think this has ever not been true.

You’re just a tad younger than me, but in the world of cell phones, our life seems to be on the same trajectory.

Yes, most 20 year olds are inexperienced and unwise. Part of the problem is they have little access to wisdom. Most are secular and many take what they learn in college seriously. That is not a good combination.

I’m neither Evangelical nor was I homeschooled, and at one time I would have looked down on the homeschooled. Not as bad, but as socially disconnected.

In my college Spanish classes, and math class, there were a few young girls who were homeschooled. They were from an Evangelical background. The maturity, social skills and common sense they did displayed should be the envy of most people. It was impressive and made me appreciate their background.

There are things that give me hope, like the people described above, those who don’t follow the crowd, groups like Prager Force , TPUSA, and others fighting the hood fight. The average college kid gives me little hope.

There are exceptions. Talked to Muslim guy the other day who is on college and his dad is a doctor. Plus the dude weighs less than me and lifts more! His dad is a doctor and his parents are immigrants from Bangladesh. Whole family is pro Trump (anti left) and they really appreciate what America has offered them opportunity wise.

Families like that give me hope.

I employ four young ladies, and four young men under the age of 24. All eight are way more conservative than I was at their age. They work hard and I hope they all stick with my company. This whole "the younger generation sucks" thing is nothing new under the sun. Americans have been bitching about it for centuries.

I fully expect young people to be sophomoric, solipsistic idiots with a rectal-crainial inversion.
    I was one at that age myself.

But, one should grow out of the stupid sometime around their mid 20's. That a certain segment of the sorta younger generation can't seem to shake their sophomoric, solipsistic, rectal-crainial inversion idiocy is the thing.
    It's those people who just whine about the unfairness of this, about how they were victimized by that, and do bugger all but whine about how someone else needs to come and make things better for them.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

"The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise.
    Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room.
    They contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers."

-Socrates

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    A voice behind the camera can be heard asking the officers, "Are y'all gonna kill me like Ma'Khia Bryant?"

"Are you going to stab somebody like her?" another voice responds, apparently belonging to one of the officers. It's unclear who exactly makes the remark since the officers are wearing face coverings.
    That seems to be a reasonable response to an asinine comment like the initial one.

It's being investigated? Well, cities and counties get the policing they deserve or demand. It seems to be the sort of place where the copper will get an adverse letter in their file and the citizen will get an apology letter.

But, hey, keep voting for anyone other than the guy who sent mean tweets. People voted for this situation, hope you all enjoy it.

That works both ways , LE sometimes gets the public it deserves. People in .gov from the Surpreme Court down to the street level LEOs that ran poll watchers out so the left could stuff the ballot boxes sold out the people they took an oath for.

https://citizenfreepress.com/breakin...-karen-garner/

Is it really surprising some have a negative view of LE with things such as this arrest on video? Plenty of wrong and blame on both sides of the public /LE opinions of each other.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Officer Tatum is reporting the DCMPD officer has been placed on limited duty.

Last edited by HCM; 04-28-2021 at 07:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Officer Tatum is reporting the DCMPD officer has been fired.

I hope he sues and gets a nice settlement on top of getting his job back.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    I hope he sues and gets a nice settlement on top of getting his job back.
    So they revoked his arrest powers and put him on a desk - they haven’t fired him... yet.

User Tag List