Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I keep saying it’s open season on cops

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercworx View Post
    Ive lost faith.
    I haven't.

My mom, who is a 60 something year old art teacher, who went to art school in the 70s, lives in the NY metro area, went on an 15 minute long rant about the current conversation about race over the dinner table when I was visiting my folks last week. I couldn't even tell you what her political opinions are because she normally doesn't care enough to bother expressing them.

I think that there are a lot of regular people out there who are sick of the Twitter mob and their undue influence on the national conversation. More and more people are tuning out. If someone like my mom is mad about it, it seems very likely that there is a silent majority that agrees.

Hell, we saw this in the 2020 elections: despite losing the presidency, the GOP gained seats in the house and retained very much at-jeopardy seats in the Senate, and that was the Democrat's high water mark. History tells us that losing seats in the midterm is an expectation; if the GOP plays its cards right, it could be an avalanche.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    I haven't.

My mom, who is a 60 something year old art teacher, who went to art school in the 70s, lives in the NY metro area, went on an 15 minute long rant about the current conversation about race over the dinner table when I was visiting my folks last week. I couldn't even tell you what her political opinions are because she normally doesn't care enough to bother expressing them.

I think that there are a lot of regular people out there who are sick of the Twitter mob and their undue influence on the national conversation. More and more people are tuning out. If someone like my mom is mad about it, it seems very likely that there is a silent majority that agrees.

Hell, we saw this in the 2020 elections: despite losing the presidency, the GOP gained seats in the house and retained very much at-jeopardy seats in the Senate, and that was the Democrat's high water mark. History tells us that losing seats in the midterm is an expectation; if the GOP plays its cards right, it could be an avalanche.
    I hope you are right.

My mother voted for Hillary in 2016. She voted for Trump (down ballot R) in 2020 and bought her first AR this past November. I hope more people have a similar awakening.
    “Archer not arrow. No such thing as a perfect pistol. Until you commit to being a better archer, you’ll keep hunting for a better arrow.”

-JCN

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    I think with Trump and COVID out of play, moderates will be a lot less likely to swing blue.
    Needs a Trump 2.0 basically. Not sure where the GOP will find him or her, but they need to be looking yesterday.
    Maybe, but there is a whole lot of damage done and being done in the meantime and millions of young minds being poisoned by this crap. The GOP is fairly good at hold ground but they suck at taking it back.

Sorry - just venting my frustration......

In my career I’ve said that almost verbatim to people like that <shrugs>
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    Maybe, but there is a whole lot of damage done and being done in the meantime and millions of young minds being poisoned by this crap. The GOP is fairly good at hold ground but they suck at taking it back.

Sorry - just venting my frustration......

Ive heard discussions centered around the Union no longer being bound by any real commonalities and that perhapse we are really 2-3 countries still stuck together.

Im starting the share this opinion and If anyone has doubt I would encourage you (if you can manage) to take a closer look at the current crop of Americans ages 15-21.

This is where my pessimism stems from...
    “Archer not arrow. No such thing as a perfect pistol. Until you commit to being a better archer, you’ll keep hunting for a better arrow.”

-JCN

Im starting the share this opinion and If anyone has doubt I would encourage you (if you can manage) to take a closer look at the current crop of Americans ages 15-21.

How long have they been saying this for, though?

The shitty ones always get attention. Everyone remembers the hippies; nobody seems to remember that the same generation also included Carlos Hathcock.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    I remember saying that about 2020.

I hope you’re right though....

If people couldn’t see the obvious in 2020, I have little faith that they will in 2022. Human nature is anything but impressive.

Let’s all hope I am wrong.

Site Supporter
    How long have they been saying this for, though?

The shitty ones always get attention. Everyone remembers the hippies; nobody seems to remember that the same generation also included Carlos Hathcock.

That’s true but who has had more impact on the society? I wish it were the likes of Mr. Hathcock.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    That’s true but who has had more impact on the society? I wish it were the likes of Mr. Hathcock.
    They aged into their 40sand by and large elected Reagan as I recall

Site Supporter
    Ive heard discussions centered around the Union no longer being bound by any real commonalities and that perhapse we are really 2-3 countries still stuck together.

I work with them every day.

I am not pessimistic. At least, not yet.

User Tag List