Thread: Colt Trooper cylinder drag line question

Colt Trooper cylinder drag line question

Is a heavy drag line on a Trooper cylinder indicative of a timing issue or is it fairly normal? Looking at one that seems to be pretty clean except for the noted drag line.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Is a heavy drag line on a Trooper cylinder indicative of a timing issue or is it fairly normal? Looking at one that seems to be pretty clean except for the noted drag line.
    Indicative? Not necessarily. Before mk3 or mk5 I think the double action Colts still controlled the bolt timing such that it was designed to drop into the ramp on the cylinder ahead of the stop notch. So as it came from the factory and handled by someone who knew what they were doing the drag line would only be present inside the little ramps on the cylinder.

And just like the SAA not many people bothered to handle them as such, so most of them picked up a turn line regardless of the mechanical condition.

So I don't think it should have a line, but that it does doesn't mean there's something wrong with it.

Thanks! Forgot to specify it’s a MKIII because I forgot they’re different inside.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

User Tag List