Thread: Elon Musk to host SNL

Site Supporter

Elon Musk to host SNL

Somebody educate me. What is all the fuss about Musk hosting SNL. Apparently a couple of cast members have been posting nasty tweets.

Because the current SNL cast is a bunch of no-talent hacks trading on the reputation of way funnier people from years past.

Seriously- SNL, like the Rolling Stone mag, Madonna, the Simpsons, and a few other holdovers decades old counterculture turned mainstream turned shambling post pop culture zombies need to be humanely put down.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    shambling post pop culture zombies need to be humanely put down.
    eh...let's not constrain ourselves unnecessarily.

People still watch SNL?

Wow.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Site Supporter
    Last I checked, those folks were employees of NBC. I am supremely confident that Loren Michaels has a notebook with multiple potential cast members in every conceivable demographic.
    My attitude would likely be you all can say whatever you want about Musk, on any platform you like. Just be here thurs for the off book rehearsal at 1500 on your mark, with your lines, in the skit with Musk or here is the last check as per our contract and your desk contents in a box at the security desk.

I check in the show from time to time. The Trump/Biden/Harris/Rudy/Sessions characters are moderately humorous.

The Eddie Murphy Come Back episode was the last one I watched from beginning to end since the 90s.

As a kid who attended K-12 in a very integrated urban public school system (KCMO metro area) and worked retail at a similar mall thru college, I thought the Cha Cha Slide Skit below was quite funny, and was chock full of "inside baseball" if you were ever an odd person out at a high end African American Social Event.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MC6xjO1JoR8
    Last edited by vcdgrips; 04-27-2021 at 09:02 AM.
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

Site Supporter
    Can the writers and stars get higher?

I stopped watching when Dennis Miller left.

And. I. Am. Out. Of. Here. <scribble and flourish>

pat

I was a teenager in the mid and late 70s. It was time to stick a fork in SNL about 40 years ago.

Now GET OFF MY LAWN!

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    People still watch SNL?

Wow.
    And that right there is funnier than 98% of the stuff they put out in the past 20 to 30 years!

Every now and then they'll come up with something good like Alexa for seniors and black panther- Black Jeopardy which make it to YouTube where they will live forever.

I can't think of the last time I watched the show itself.

User Tag List