Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RFI: Salt Lake City restaurant

So I’ve heard back. Valter’s Osteria was a favorite. Meals about $35-50 a person. Market Street Grill and Spencer’s are good. Takeshita for sushi. If I hear any more I’ll pass them on.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

If you go west for Mexican, take the TRAX light rail. It's not as bad as everyone says but it does take you through the more heavily homeless populated areas.

Copper Onion is another good option, especially for brunch on Sat/Sun (dinner only M-F).

If you want a special dessert experience head over to Gourmandise for a treat after your meal.

If you want more local experience you'll have to travel 15-20 minutes any direction. Porcupine Pub & Grill at the mouth of Big Cottonwood canyon. If you're really brave, you can go to the Cotton Bottom for a garlic burger in a plastic basket and cold beer on tap with fantastic conversation .

Quote Originally Posted by Coyotesfan97 View Post
    So I’ve heard back. Valter’s Osteria was a favorite. Meals about $35-50 a person.
    Valter used to run Cuccina Toscana before opening a solo place and, between the two, I dined at his places over half dozen times. Whenever I ordered a'la carte, it was average or slightly above. In fact, the only time I sent a dish back in SLC was at the Cuccina. Whenever I ordered a dinner, meaning the restaurant chooses what they'll bring and that's a 3-4 items course, it was fantastic but more than 50 bucks a person.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    I've been a fan of Squatters for many years and always try to go there when I have a long SLC overnight.

It's just a few blocks from your hotel.

One of the best burgers I've ever eaten in my life was at Crown Burger. It has mushrooms, swiss cheese and pastrami on it. At least one meal has to be at Crown Burger. It's not walking distance though. Maybe a 10 minute drive at most.

If you're looking for a burger place, any of the various Greek burger joints are awesome. Apollo Burger and Crown Burger are the ones closest to where you're staying.

Blue Iguana or Red Iguana for Mexican.

R&R BBQ is excellent.

Settebello for sit-down pizza.

Red Rock Brewing Co. has excellent food, too.

Thanks for all the recommendations so far!

We will be in town on a Thursday night. Don’t want Mexican, don’t want seafood (we live in FL, we get enough of that at home).

Definitely want to be able to walk to dinner. Obviously while remaining safe with the kids.

Not really concerned with price too much, but we won’t have any sort of “appropriate” attire are we are coming in from the desert in our campervan. That said, also not looking to drop $500 on dinner with the kids.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

If you don't wanna fish, then disregard Current and, I presume, the sushi places too.

HSL just over 20 min walk

https://static1.squarespace.com/stat...+4_24_2021.pdf

SLC Eatery 15 min in the opposite direction

https://slceatery.com/our-menus/dinner

Both open on Thursdays and, while not necessarily picturesque, the area is as safe as any other in SLC.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

We like Eva and the place right next to it (Whiskey St.) on Main near Broadway.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

User Tag List