Thread: From the Brownell's Vault--Jovino Effector

From the Brownell's Vault--Jovino Effector

Pretty nice old N Frame:

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I do regret selling mine, which I bought as the first owner. But way back then, it was my first N-frame and I didn't like the balance. Pardon me while I kick myself.

Bart Noir

I had one in the late 80's. Got infatuated based on all the love it got in the gun rags of the day. Searched it out and finally found one at a large gun show. It was a decent shooter, but too heavy, too bulky for concealed carry and I could not afford to keep it as an "interesting thing" in those days since I never shot it and never carried it. Back then the "gun money" needed to go for other things I would shoot and carry.

It was the first gun I ever sold in a print listing in the old Shotgun News. I figured the gun writers had made it famous enough that a national audience was where I would get my money back out of it and I was right. Some guy in Wisconsin bought it.

Thanks for the nostalgic moment. My Jovino Effector was a 25-2, .45 ACP, bought new. Like all N-Frames, it was too large for me to shoot DA, while maintaining a proper grip, so, with my K/L-sized hand/fingers, I used an improvised, non-ergonomically-favorable hold. The good thing is that it slammed my thumb, hand, and wrist less, with that improper hold, than my Magnum big bore N-Frames. This one went away some time during my first marriage, arrival, of a baby, and big D, during that mid-/late-Eighties recession, when all of my N-Frames went away, except for my Model 58 duty revolver.

Today, of course, I’d much rather have a nice K/L-Frame snub-gun.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Cool

I need a .45 N frame. Im all out of small pistol primers but only halfway through my large pistol primers

User Tag List