Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: AR-15 Replacement Trigger

I like the Larue; if single stage, Sionics enhanced mil spec is the smoothest I’ve encountered.
    Grab your gun and bring in the cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave J View Post
    ALG ACT is my go-to for defensive guns. I've also had very good service from the Geissele SSA, but IMHO the ACT is good enough, except maybe for competition or precision guns.
    That looks like the Spike's trigger I had, I can't remember what they called it but it's a GI trigger coated in nickle boron. Something like Spike's Battle Trigger? I can't remember.

I've recently replaced it with the Aero 2 stage nickle boron trigger which is a little lighter, a little smoother and the same price. There are definitely better triggers but this is fine for most of my shooting needs.

I like the LaRue MBT-2S and ended up with a few spares as I ran out of lowers. If anyone needs one, two, or three at a very fair price, send me a PM.

Hard primers and the LaRue MBT triggers don't get along well. At least in my experience. Something about them not using full power springs.

If you're patient enough to wait for a Memorial or Independence Day sale, the Geissele G2S usually can be found for around $99 and is the better trigger IMHO. The clippy doohickey that holds the hammer pin in place weirds some people out but I've had one in my 6933 for like 5 years and it's never walked loose.

Several weeks ago I went to a night shoot (a night shoot for the poors, the poverty stricken, and the down trodden of society though, no nods just white lights) and one of the guys had the new-ish Centurion 2 stage trigger and I was completely blown away by it. I don't know if I could have been able to tell the difference between it and a Geissele SSA in a blind pull test. They're also about $100. The next time I need a trigger that's what I'm going to order.

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    Hard primers and the LaRue MBT triggers don't get along well. At least in my experience. Something about them not using full power springs.
    I am pretty sure that you can add a stronger spring.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    They actually come with one. The lighter spring is installed and the stronger one is in the little box thingy.

Mine have all been good on Wolf SRM primers. Wolf aren’t known for being soft but might not be full mil spec.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That was with the supplied heavy spring. I never even bothered to try the lighter spring that came with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    They are still new to me (recently got three of them) but have used several variations of what I understand to be harder primers (Tula, Wolf, CCI-41, all labeled as 223/5.56 specific) with no issues so far, was there a specific primer your issues were with?

The one that ships in the kit (and listed as an accessory) is a trigger spring.

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    I have been able to produce some real nice single stage set ups with ALG triggers and JP springs. It will theoretically make the gun more prone to light primer strikes but I have not seen any in hundreds of rounds.
    I have a couple of these I have never used, but just had a thought that maybe it would be something for my 9mm. I know many upgraded triggers do not work and play well with the PCC blowback guns, but this might be a good use for the lighter hammer spring, since it will be popping pistol primers. Anybody have any experience?

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    They are still new to me (recently got three of them) but have used several variations of what I understand to be harder primers (Tula, Wolf, CCI-41, all labeled as 223/5.56 specific) with no issues so far, was there a specific primer your issues were with?
    I'm not a reloader so I'm not too clued in on what ammo uses what primers, but it didn't like any Russian ammo such as Wolf and Tula, and it didn't like M193 ammo much either, but it was more reliable than the Russian ammo. It's possible LaRue addressed it, I think mine was an early production trigger, it's been sitting in the little tin cannister it came in since. The same ammo did not give me the same results in different guns with different triggers.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    With the cash back counted, this works out to normal-time pricing on a G2S.

https://www.primaryarms.com/geissele...trigger-.154in
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

User Tag List