Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: AR-15 Replacement Trigger

Site Supporter

AR-15 Replacement Trigger

Gentlemen - I just received my approved ATF Form 1 allowing me to convert a Sig M400 Tread Pistol https://www.sigsauer.com/sigm400-tread-pistol.html to a SBR. When getting my 50-yard zero, I found the trigger to be very heavy. I didn't put it on my trigger gauge but I'm guessing it's about 15 lbs.

I've replaced a couple AR triggers with the CMC units https://www.brownells.com/rifle-part...prod31715.aspx. These have worked well for me. Are there other proven alternatives I should consider? Thanks very much.

LaRue MBT.
    #RESIST

Wilson Combat...pricey but excellent.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

I have nothing to compare it to besides “mil spec”/stock triggers, but I’m a huge fan of the Geiselle G2S for the price (around $160).

Site Supporter
    I've been pleased with my Geissele triggers in my ARs but honestly they're all I've tried other than the factory ones.

Site Supporter
    ALG ACT is my go-to for defensive guns. I've also had very good service from the Geissele SSA, but IMHO the ACT is good enough, except maybe for competition or precision guns.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elwin View Post
    I have nothing to compare it to besides “mil spec”/stock triggers, but I’m a huge fan of the Geiselle G2S for the price (around $160).
    I have the G2S on my 3 “primary” ARs and agree that for my needs and the price point they are great triggers. I have a SSE trigger on my SPR and it’s honestly a little light for my likings.

If the M400s trigger is just heavy but smooth it might be worth swapping out springs with JP springs. I have been able to produce some real nice single stage set ups with ALG triggers and JP springs. It will theoretically make the gun more prone to light primer strikes but I have not seen any in hundreds of rounds.

15ish lbs for a GI trigger sounds like something might be out of spec as most are in the 10-12lb range. I haven’t handled a Tread, but the last batch of M400s I looked at had some sort of enhanced 2 stage that was in the 6-8lb ballpark. Is your fire control group true GI (dull phosphate look with single hook disconnector) or the nicer 2 stage (high polish with wishbone shaped disconnector)?

The only competition/Gucci trigger I’ve used is a KE Arms SLT-1 that I’m still trying out. So far I like it, but need more time as I noticed I was occasionally failing to allow the trigger to reset when wearing gloves.
    Anything I post is my opinion alone as a private citizen.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    LaRue MBT.
    I'll second the LaRue. I have 4 of the 2-stage flat triggers and have been very happy with them. Unfortunately, they are now a bit harder to get (and LaRue's website does not distinguish between immediately available and backorder). People have been buying them up by the dozen to resell on GAFS (Reddit). If you are willing to overpay by $10-$20, you can get one there most days.

Site Supporter

No more LaRue Single Stage Triggers

Quote Originally Posted by RancidSumo View Post
    I'll second the LaRue. I have 4 of the 2-stage flat triggers and have been very happy with them. Unfortunately, they are now a bit harder to get (and LaRue's website does not distinguish between immediately available and backorder). People have been buying them up by the dozen to resell on GAFS (Reddit). If you are willing to overpay by $10-$20, you can get one there most days.
    I prefer a single stage trigger for this application. LaRue informed me this morning that they have discontinued their single stage trigger.

User Tag List