Thread: Supreme Court agrees to decide whether gun owners have right to carry in public

Supreme Court agrees to decide whether gun owners have right to carry in public

The Supreme Court agreed Monday to hear a major gun-rights claim and decide whether the 2nd Amendment gives law-abiding individuals a right to carry a loaded handgun when they leave home, regardless of local restrictions. At issue are laws in California, New York and six other states that strictly limit "concealed carry" permits to those who can show they have a "special need" or "good cause" to be armed. In Los Angeles, New York and other cities, these permits are rarely granted.

"The time has come for this court to... reaffirm the citizens’ fundamental right to carry a handgun for self-defense," Washington attorney Paul D. Clement said in his appeal on behalf of the New York State Rifle & Pistol Assn.

The case could be the most significant test of the 2nd Amendment in a decade...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/su...?ocid=msedgntp

The other states with the more restrictive "may issue" policies are Hawaii, New Jersey, Maryland, Massachusetts, Delaware and Rhode Island.
    Last edited by uechibear; 04-26-2021 at 09:39 AM.
    Semper Fi, Marines!

AWDCorvette.com - Corvettes and especially the new 2024 all-wheel drive ERay!
    youtube.com/@AWDCorvetteERay

From Older Offspring after a discussion of coffee:

"If it doesn't come from the Kaffa province of Ethiopia, it's just hot roasted-bean juice."

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    Not sure where that page is, but I don't seem to have access to it and didn't see it.
    Last edited by uechibear; 04-26-2021 at 09:49 AM.
    Semper Fi, Marines!

Name:  Screenshot (111).jpg
Views: 393
Size:  48.6 KB
    Semper Fi, Marines!

Ah, ok. Figured it out. Blues' post is in the "Politics" subforum, accessible only to paid Site Supporters. Didn't realize you couldn't see it; my bad.
    From Older Offspring after a discussion of coffee:

"If it doesn't come from the Kaffa province of Ethiopia, it's just hot roasted-bean juice."

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    Ah, ok. Figured it out. Blues' post is in the "Politics" subforum, accessible only to paid Site Supporters. Didn't realize you couldn't see it; my bad.
    It's cool. No worries.

I put it in General Discussion because I thought that would get the most exposure for this extremely important story!
    Semper Fi, Marines!

Quote Originally Posted by uechibear View Post
    It's cool. No worries.

I put it in General Discussion because I thought that would get the most exposure for this extremely important story!
    Honestly, most of the really cool stuff goes on in the subscriber sections.
    O judgment! Thou art fled to brutish beasts, And men have lost their reason.

User Tag List