Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Glock 43x/48 heavier recoil spring?

Quote Originally Posted by js475 View Post
    I figured for $35 it was worth a try.
    I'm seeing $45 for the SS version...would prefer the "black", but that would be $55.

Quote Originally Posted by evi1joe View Post
    I'm seeing $45 for the SS version...would prefer the "black", but that would be $55.
    I bought the stainless one on Ebay for $35. The coated ones were more. I didn't care about the color since the guide rod is hidden on the 48.

Update: finally got out to the range with the 19lb recoil spring. The sluggish cycling with 147 gr HST ammo is improved. The return to battery is much more positive with the stronger recoil spring. The only issues I had were failures to lock the slide back on the last round with 115 gr range ammo. No issues with the 3 mags of 147 grain HST I fired. I'll continue testing the heavier spring.

I also noticed the Suarez recoil spring that moves away from the dual spring design. Has anyone had experience with this spring?

I use the Suarez RSA in several 43x (2 with RMR, 2 without). No problems at all with: ball ammo, 115 grain GD, and 124 grain GD+P.
    The Suarez RSA seems to run "smoother" (subjective opinion) than the OEM dual-spring set-up.
    YMMV

The pistols seem to be a little "tight" when brand new. The only stoppages I've had (3 different guns, one stoppage per gun, different ammo types) were within the first 100 rounds with the OEM RSA and they never happened again.
    I had one stovepipe, one ftrb, and one fte.
    Also, as others have said on the forum, I think hanging a wml, laser, or curb feelers on these pistols will adversely affect reliability.

Could you Direct me to your Solution. I just traded for a Glock 43 MOS

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I was one of the ones who had that issue, and the fix.
    Could you let me know your solution, I didn't post it but plan to add a true precision threaded barrel and what to shoot 147gr suppressed. Mostly because I live in Tucson and I can drive 20 mins to shoot on BLM land and I hate hearing protection in the heat, So however you made your 43x mos a supressor host that cycles would be so so appreciated. I have worked with other pistols (even ones advertised as hosts like my P320 Legion x-carry, took me way too much time and money to get it to do what it was supposed to. This is my first Glock so any help is appreciated.

User Tag List