Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Holosun circle and circle dot for EDC

I have been trying, unsuccessfully, to get a 407 CO for a while.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Well this is timely, given that I just sent my spare 43 and spare 48 off for milling for the 507k...

Was considering the RMRcc but these seemed like the option to start with. May revisit the RMRcc down the line when these slides are back if I'm not happy with the Holosuns for whatever reason.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I have been trying, unsuccessfully, to get a 407 CO for a while.
    Not sure if a 407K will suffice, or if availability of the K means that the CO is also shipping, but, I posted in the 407vs507 thread this morning, Kenzies told me today that they have tracking on their 407K X2 inbound shipment (ETA Thursday) and are expecting to be able to cover all backorders with 5 units left over.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

I’m always on the edge of buying one and the Chinese company thing stops me. Not just made there but Chinese owned (correct me if I’m wrong). It’s probably silly since they seem to be really good and ironed out issues. That and even top notch companies say “made in China” on them (but the company is American in many cases)

Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    I’m always on the edge of buying one and the Chinese company thing stops me. Not just made there but Chinese owned (correct me if I’m wrong). It’s probably silly since they seem to be really good and ironed out issues. That and even top notch companies say “made in China” on them (but the company is American in many cases)
    That's why I don't mind putting them on my backup/trainers, but am hoping to be pleasantly surprised at their durability after testing. As long I can prove to myself that mine work, I don't have any problem with the idea of carrying them. Seems like the ones that work, work well.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    That's why I don't mind putting them on my backup/trainers, but am hoping to be pleasantly surprised at their durability after testing. As long I can prove to myself that mine work, I don't have any problem with the idea of carrying them. Seems like the ones that work, work well.
    It seems like more of them work very well. I think in my head it’s me wishing it wasn’t a Chinese company, but if they work, maybe I’m just being stubborn. I wouldn’t even think about it if it were not China. But I’ll probably be trying out a 509 anyway if I can get past that.

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    I have been beating the circle dot drum for pistol RDS applications for about a decade now, ever since I first experienced it on a Shield.

I am totally confused as to why it didn't immediately take over as the reticle of choice but I'm glad if people are looking at it again. Shield discontinued theirs, I think I was the only fan. They had a sponsored guy who hated it so much he used to rant about how dumb it was, which I thought was crazy. I don't know how many times I've talked about its utility here (and elsewhere, I used to rant about it in the magazine for example) but for whatever reason it never seemed to get any traction.

But I think it smokes everything for a general purpose pistol optic. You can get new people onto it really fast, too. Nice combination of high overall brightness to catch your eye, with a precise aiming point. For high speed rough work you can just slam the circle around. I love it, I think it's the only way to fly.
    This is a thread where I built a boat I designed and which I very occasionally update with accounts of using it, which is really fun as long as I'm not driving over logs and blowing up the outboard.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ilding-a-skiff

Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    It seems like more of them work very well. I think in my head it’s me wishing it wasn’t a Chinese company, but if they work, maybe I’m just being stubborn. I wouldn’t even think about it if it were not China. But I’ll probably be trying out a 509 anyway if I can get past that.
    Now that I'm moving fully over to pistols with optics, the savings they offer is impossible to ignore, especially for trainer duplicate pistols. Wrote out a couple different budgets/timelines for upgrading my carry guns and the difference is significant.

Especially the open emitter and k models. I’m looking at the 509 which is expensive for them but still only $430.

I really try to avoid made in or owned by China, but have accepted that Apple, Arcteryx and Holosun will be my exceptions because of the lack of better alternatives.

As to Holosun, I have come full circle (sorry) and find their line of the 507K, 508T and 509T to offer the best feature set for defensive pistol optics.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List