Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Holosun circle and circle dot for EDC

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    * Sorry couldn’t resist. I’ll see myself out.
    Like hell. Get back here so you can be ejected properly. Of all the Pstupid things to say!

Hammertime
    I went shooting steel with a bunch of enthusiastic but minimally experienced lads last evening. I had them all try the 509T with circle dot and dot only reticles.

The circle dot was unanimously preferred. I liked it better in a field application as well. It seems to make me think less about aiming and I seem less prone to over think the trigger and just squeeze it when I get an appropriate sight picture.

The circle dot to me is a little sloppier to aim and as such I keep a better target focus. With a dot I tend to focus on the dot.
    Last edited by Doc_Glock; 06-28-2021 at 09:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    I went shooting steel with a bunch of enthusiastic but minimally experienced lads last evening. I had them all try the 509T with circle dot and dot only reticles.

The circle dot was unanimously preferred. I liked it better in a field application as well. It seems to make me think less about aiming and I seem less prone to over think the trigger and just squeeze it when I get an appropriate sight picture.

The circle dot to me is a little sloppier to aim and as such I keep a better target focus. With a dot I tend to focus on the dot.
    For me, the main benefits of a circle only are having an aiming reticle that is not subject to splatter or false dots in weird sun angles, and a larger aiming reference for shooting support hand or in weird positions where you don’t have a perfect index.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter

Holosun circle and circle dot for EDC

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    For me, the main benefits of a circle only are having an aiming reticle that is not subject to splatter or false dots in weird sun angles, and a larger aiming reference for shooting support hand or in weird positions where you don’t have a perfect index.
    GJM, what’s the “streak” like when shooting at speed? I’m supposing that is a non-issue? Is it as easy to follow as the streak of a simple dot?

Edited to add: er, “follow” isn’t exactly the right word but hopefully my question makes sense…

Question for those that like a "circle only":

what moa is your circle?

what ranges are you using them to?

what type of accuracy do you see at those ranges?

I'm just now dipping my toes into the pistol mounted MRDS game and bought a 507c.

In dryfire I definitely prefer the circle only. This is out to 15 yards, indoors, on both full size and 1/2 scale IPSC cardboard targets, although things are getting a little iffy on the 1/2 scale target at 15 yards.

For me the center dot really clutters the reticle and I have a hard time maintaining a target focus. This is indoors so I feel like there is more bloom vs outdoors in sunlight.

In reality I haven't shot the thing yet, so my opinion is worth 0. But I do have a bit of buyer remorse now and wish I had purchased a 407co instead

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    GJM, what’s the “streak” like when shooting at speed? I’m supposing that is a non-issue? Is it as easy to follow as the streak of a simple dot?

Edited to add: er, “follow” isn’t exactly the right word but hopefully my question makes sense…
    The streak is like a single dot, just a lot bigger.

For pure technical shooting, I still prefer a single dot.

The streak is like a single dot, just a lot bigger.

For pure technical shooting, I still prefer a single dot.
    Are any of the top USPSA CO shooters using a circle?
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Are any of the top USPSA CO shooters using a circle?
    Since the circle is mostly available on a Holosun, and Holosun optics are not commonly used by competitive shooters, the answer is almost certainly “no.” Now if the circle reticle was selectable on the SRO and Romeo 3 Max/XL, the question would be more on point.

Since the circle is mostly available on a Holosun, and Holosun optics are not commonly used by competitive shooters, the answer is almost certainly “no.” Now if the circle reticle was selectable on the SRO and Romeo 3 Max/XL, the question would be more on point.
    I think you should clarify competitive shooters at a high level. At my local club matches I see tons of holosuns but we're all D,C, and B class scrubs.

User Tag List