Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Why is Nothing Available To Buy?

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    BCM tube also has an extra adjustment position or two compared to the Vltor tube.

The BCM complete kit comes with (off the top of my head) a lighter buffer than is Vltor's standard recommended starting point. I have never understood why they do that. But it means the tube from BCM and the buffer from wherever you can get it is the way to go.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Out of curiosity:

Anyone seen any stats as to what individual debt, etc is doing?

Wondering how much of the shortages are more demand driven, and if people are just going more and more into debt to buy more and more stuff. I've known a few people who have purchased new cars, new boats, new farm equipment, Etc this past year because of all the rebates, but they're still having to take out loans.

The shortages have been in a wide range of markets. We bought a new sofa, but its delivery keeps getting delayed. Maybe it was stuck in the Suez Canal?

There is a shortage of bicycles and parts. I have more than a few bikes and thought about selling one or two. Last year, right before the pandemic, I had donated to a local charity a ton of used parts I had accumulated over the last 25 years. If I had held on to those parts, I could have sold them for a nice price.

Tennis shoes (for playing tennis, not general sneakers) are in short supply. I am having trouble finding a replacement pair for my current shoe, and about the only color I can find in my size (which is an average 9.5) is orange. My current shoes, which I bought in February, were a different brand than I wanted, but I couldn't find the brand I wanted anywhere, and projected delivery dates kept sliding to the right each time I looked, from January to March to April to May, when I finally gave up and went to plan B.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post
    Out of curiosity:

Anyone seen any stats as to what individual debt, etc is doing?

Wondering how much of the shortages are more demand driven, and if people are just going more and more into debt to buy more and more stuff. I've known a few people who have purchased new cars, new boats, new farm equipment, Etc this past year because of all the rebates, but they're still having to take out loans.
    I remember looking at consumer debt at it seems to be a mixed bag. That may have changed recently ish though. I also wonder about the effect of mortgage/rent forbearance/what happens when that ends

So I went to a Ford dealership yesterday to try and test drive a Powerboost. I was kind've not surprised that they didn't have one, as it's new-ish and I figure that a lot of people see it as the powertrain to get. I was concerned, however, that they had one vehicle in the showroom, no more than 20 trucks in inventory total (counting base XL work trucks), one Explorer, and one Mustang.

Wait time on a special-order PB is ~5 months. Job 1 on 2022 isn't expected until at least December, and that will possibly be delated. On the bright side, this means I can put even more down.

Almost all major companies play the just in time inventory game. Even distributors. Ain’t nobody just sitting on inventory for more than a few days. Now take a supposed 2 week shut down. Every distributor and their suppliers and their suppliers are now dry cause just in time. All those pumps need to be primed. How many layers of middlemen does each supply chain have? Add demand that is crazy. Add international bullkaka and politics.

We are going to have shortages for at least another year if not longer, assuming that various imbeciles in charge across the planet don’t go doing more stupid stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Wise_A View Post
    So I went to a Ford dealership yesterday to try and test drive a Powerboost. I was kind've not surprised that they didn't have one, as it's new-ish and I figure that a lot of people see it as the powertrain to get. I was concerned, however, that they had one vehicle in the showroom, no more than 20 trucks in inventory total (counting base XL work trucks), one Explorer, and one Mustang.

Wait time on a special-order PB is ~5 months. Job 1 on 2022 isn't expected until at least December, and that will possibly be delated. On the bright side, this means I can put even more down.
    According to things I've read there are new Ford pickups on storage lots waiting for micro processors. Totally 100% ready to ship except without a brain.

https://www.freep.com/story/money/ca...ge/7175158002/
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by RancidSumo View Post
    https://bravocompanyusa.com/bcm-inte...5-buffer-tube/
    https://www.primaryarms.com/vltor-a5...-buffer-5.3-oz (they also have standard weight, H1, H3, and H4)

Springs are available all over the place (though Sprinco Green is currently OOS at Primary Arms). You can get a standard rifle spring for $5 from BCM when you order the RE.

I've been able to get pretty much anything I want with in-stock notifications.
    Primary Arms has all buffers on sale.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanch View Post
    Why is it for the last 6 months, I can’t find anything
    Hey, Rip, did you just wake up from Y2K?
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

User Tag List