Page 5 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta is bringing in MR73 revolvers

Site Supporter
    Mt Olympus, Los Angeles, CA, United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    Questions:

What's that finish on the hammer and trigger that make it look like bronze and what's the purpose?

What's up with the two white dot adjustable rear sight and the plain black front sight?
    The finish on the hammer and trigger is heat coloring.

The current rear sight made by Recknagel is the only part changed over from the original Mulhouse design. The original Swiss-made rear sight is no longer being made. Front sight options of serrated ramp and Patridge post patterns remain unchanged.
    Michael@massmeans.com | Zeleny@post.harvard.edu | westcoastguns@gmail.com | larvatus prodeo @ livejournal | +1-323-363-1860 | “If at first you don’t succeed, keep on sucking till you do succeed.” — Curly Howard, 1936 | “All of old. Nothing else ever. Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.” — Samuel Beckett, 1984

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    Questions:

What's that finish on the hammer and trigger that make it look like bronze and what's the purpose?

What's up with the two white dot adjustable rear sight and the plain black front sight?
    As I understand it, it's from the heat treat. It's more gold than bronze in person.

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Just checked y'all did see the 4" 'Gendarmerie' version, right? https://www.beretta.com/en-us/manhur...gendarmerie-4/
    Oh crap. I did not need to see that 4" version...

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Last edited by OlongJohnson; 04-26-2021 at 03:43 PM.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    Oh don't be mad...just get a 4" and 5.25"...

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Just checked y'all did see the 4" 'Gendarmerie' version, right? https://www.beretta.com/en-us/manhur...gendarmerie-4/

___

Real talk for a minute. I've been writing a novel where the main character is a former GIGN agent turned freelance counter-terror advisor. And he definitely carries an MR73 (or three).

And now I think I might need a 4" Gendarmerie version for 'research purposes'.
    I've been slogging away at writing a SF-mystery novel. The protagonist has a 686. I'm going to change that to a MR73.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    I've been slogging away at writing a SF-mystery novel. The protagonist has a 686. I'm going to change that to a MR73.
    686/681/66 could be a good choice if your character has background as a Navy Seal. But obviously an MR73 gets my nod of approval.

686/681/66 could be a good choice if your character has background as a Navy Seal. But obviously an MR73 gets my nod of approval.
    I will laugh if Amazon starts grouping these novels in listings and making author suggestions to consumers based on the firearms mentioned therein.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    Uh Ohhhhhhh. I might be in trouble here...

That wasn’t necessary.

User Tag List