Page 24 of 43 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta is bringing in MR73 revolvers

Site Supporter
    Mt Olympus, Los Angeles, CA, United States
    Quote Originally Posted by elsquid View Post
    Well then, I remain hopeful.
    No need to stop at hoping.

California Handgun Roster, Single-Action Exemption FAQ
    Michael@massmeans.com | Zeleny@post.harvard.edu | westcoastguns@gmail.com | larvatus prodeo @ livejournal | +1-323-363-1860 | “If at first you don’t succeed, keep on sucking till you do succeed.” — Curly Howard, 1936 | “All of old. Nothing else ever. Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.” — Samuel Beckett, 1984

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    @zeleny

So if I understand it right, this should be as simple as removing the sear from the hammer, completing the transfer, and then reinstalling the sear. Correct?
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by zeleny View Post
    Yup, I’m aware. Heck, even bought a few -SSEs- pre 2014!

The “problem” is the logistics of getting somebody trusted to crack the sideplate of your $3k gun and do the mods preDROS. Riflegear is a good shop with a good rep, but isn’t local to me. Now I could order one from them, have them do the conversion, and I have a local FFL comfortable with the SAE process ( though he won’t do mods )...but it would be much easier if the darn revolver was on the darn roster. No reason why it couldn’t be rostered, Beretta just needs to submit samples for testing.

I guess that Beretta could offer them as single action guns out-of-the-box for California with the DA parts in a little baggie, but that might be too close to the edge for corporate risk evaluators.

— Michael

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    @zeleny

So if I understand it right, this should be as simple as removing the sear from the hammer, completing the transfer, and then reinstalling the sear. Correct?
    Yes, as simple as that.
    Michael@massmeans.com | Zeleny@post.harvard.edu | westcoastguns@gmail.com | larvatus prodeo @ livejournal | +1-323-363-1860 | “If at first you don’t succeed, keep on sucking till you do succeed.” — Curly Howard, 1936 | “All of old. Nothing else ever. Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.” — Samuel Beckett, 1984

Site Supporter
    Yup, I’m aware. Heck, even bought a few -SSEs- pre 2014!

The “problem” is the logistics of getting somebody trusted to crack the sideplate of your $3k gun and do the mods preDROS. Riflegear is a good shop with a good rep, but isn’t local to me. Now I could order one from them, have them do the conversion, and I have a local FFL comfortable with the SAE process ( though he won’t do mods )...but it would be much easier if the darn revolver was on the darn roster. No reason why it couldn’t be rostered, Beretta just needs to submit samples for testing.

I guess that Beretta could offer them as single action guns out-of-the-box for California with the DA parts in a little baggie, but that might be too close to the edge for corporate risk evaluators.
    Chiappa does that with the Rhino. In fact, they sent us the baggie, but kept the revolver.

As for the logistics, I submit that anyone unable to remove and reinstall the sideplate on a Hand Ejector type revolver should get himself a Glock.

As for the logistics, I submit that anyone unable to remove and reinstall the sideplate on a Hand Ejector type revolver should get himself a Glock.
    Which is fine, but I need the gun converted before it hits my FFL, so I’m back to needing somebody trusted to do it right. I can convert it back after taking possession.

I’m not in a huge panic to buy an MR73 -right now- and it sounds like they are going to be fairly scarce for a while due to demand, so I can wait and see what develops. ( Or doesn’t )

— Michael

Site Supporter
    Which is fine, but I need the gun converted before it hits my FFL, so I’m back to needing somebody trusted to do it right. I can convert it back after taking possession.
    The same principle applies all the more so to anyone who sells revolvers.
    I’m not in a huge panic to buy an MR73 -right now- and it sounds like they are going to be fairly scarce for a while due to demand, so I can wait and see what develops. ( Or doesn’t )
    Judging by today’s sales records of Mulhouse revolvers at Hermann Historica, and Beretta galleries selling out of Chapuis revolvers within 48 hours, scarcity is here to stay.

The same principle applies all the more so to anyone who sells revolvers. Judging by today’s sales records of Mulhouse revolvers at Hermann Historica, and Beretta galleries selling out of Chapuis revolvers within 48 hours, scarcity is here to stay.
    Yeah, I was on the list from one of the distributors I mean number one. Anyway, Beretta never sent out the revolvers to distributors because they sold out.The distributors that Berrtta is using are the same distributors that were importing before Beretta so they hooked me up with NIB pre-berreta imported Mr73, identical and certified except without “Imported by Beretta” on the gun. The revolver looks excellent and the trigger is smoother than my model 65 3inch. I’m just waiting for ammo to get in stock. Excellent customer service from any distributors in the Maryland region.

Beretta USA just responded to an information request that I sent. They are not set up to service guns just yet until they build up a parts supply from Chapuis, but the plan is to be able to do so. They didn’t seem to mind that my gun wasn’t imported by Beretta (I mentioned this in the information request) but I don’t expect that it would be free service in that case.

They are not planning on selling spare parts to the public.

Several interesting articles on the MR73:

https://gunmagwarehouse.com/blog/ber...7f7d82e53#GIGN
    Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer.

User Tag List