Page 22 of 43 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta is bringing in MR73 revolvers

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    The thought of mine showing the @Malamute treatment makes the idea of being an old(er) guy slightly less painful.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Talk about superior metallurgy. This MR73 shows a pounding from the extractor ratchets, and a lot of rough matching. Just saying...
    https://www.gunbroker.com/item/895155401
    Name:  EA3626ED-DA48-4184-8C38-B34F1484EA88.jpg
Views: 504
Size:  30.7 KB

That example makes a Ruger look polished.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankB View Post
    Talk about superior metallurgy. This MR73 shows a pounding from the extractor ratchets, and a lot of rough matching. Just saying...
    Serial indicates that's a pre-Chapuis gun.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

@zeleny
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    Mt Olympus, Los Angeles, CA, United States
    The photo is way out of focus. I never saw any gouging on recoil shields of very high round count Manurhin revolvers. Finish will wear there on any .357 Magnum revolver, except for the Mateba 6 Unica, which indexes on the rear cylinder face like a Colt M1877. As for “a lot of rough matching”, cry me a river.
    Michael@massmeans.com | Zeleny@post.harvard.edu | westcoastguns@gmail.com | larvatus prodeo @ livejournal | +1-323-363-1860 | “If at first you don’t succeed, keep on sucking till you do succeed.” — Curly Howard, 1936 | “All of old. Nothing else ever. Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.” — Samuel Beckett, 1984

Quote Originally Posted by zeleny View Post
    The photo is way out of focus. I never saw any gouging on recoil shields of very high round count Manurhin revolvers. Finish will wear there on any .357 Magnum revolver, except for the Mateba 6 Unica, which indexes on the rear cylinder face like a Colt M1877. As for “a lot of rough matching”, cry me a river.
    I meant to say “machining”, but auto-spell had other plans. Isn’t this a Manurhin revolver? The swipe from the center pin/rod seems like a mismatch of metals, or a particularly sharp end. I’m not saying they’re bad; I’m just wondering whether to get in line. TIA

Site Supporter
    Mt Olympus, Los Angeles, CA, United States
    I meant to say “machining”, but auto-spell had other plans. Isn’t this a Manurhin revolver? The swipe from the center pin/rod seems like a mismatch of metals, or a particularly sharp end. I’m not saying they’re bad; I’m just wondering whether to get in line. TIA
    It is an MR73 with the old style ratchet. The cylinder pin rod (axe du barillet) has a rounded end. A flat one, as used on a Ratzeburg Korth with highly polished, glass-hard surfaces, won’t mark as much. Also, heat treatment on the MR73 is optimized for toughness.
    Michael@massmeans.com | Zeleny@post.harvard.edu | westcoastguns@gmail.com | larvatus prodeo @ livejournal | +1-323-363-1860 | “If at first you don’t succeed, keep on sucking till you do succeed.” — Curly Howard, 1936 | “All of old. Nothing else ever. Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.” — Samuel Beckett, 1984

Site Supporter
    So other than the barrel length and front sight profile, is there any difference between the two models that Beretta is importing? (5.25" Sport vs 4" Gendarmerie)

Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    So other than the barrel length and front sight profile, is there any difference between the two models that Beretta is importing? (5.25" Sport vs 4" Gendarmerie)
    The rear sight profile is different as well. Not sure if there are other differences.
    no one sees what's written on the spine of his own autobiography.

User Tag List