Page 2 of 43 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta is bringing in MR73 revolvers

Site Supporter
    Marriage breaker! It's worth a new sofa. We are looking at fancy coffee tables - some are $1200 for fancy hardwood. I decline - so buy this?

Now, the description says that the magazine capacity is 6 rounds. Oh, did they mean 'clip'.

Site Supporter
    So what you're saying is an LTT tuned MR73 is on the way?

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    This thread doesn't get real until JCN buys one and takes the hacksaw to it.
    Angle grinder. He's not a hacksaw guy.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Marriage breaker! It's worth a new sofa. We are looking at fancy coffee tables - some are $1200 for fancy hardwood. I decline - so buy this?

Now, the description says that the magazine capacity is 6 rounds. Oh, did they mean 'clip'.
    No marriage, no need for a sofa or coffee table, so it pays for itself.

The divorce attorney could be a bit pricey[emoji15]

I know y'all are joking...but some things we don't joke about.

Cutting up a MR73, a Korth, or any 19th century Colt are things we don't joke about.

I have a very specific sixth sense that tells me when an heirloom grade revolver is about to be ruined. I will appear like Death and drag you to the depths of hell. Where your only weapon of choice in your endless duels against Satan will be a Bubba'ized Hi-Point.

I am RevolverRob, I have spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    I will appear like Death and drag you to the depths of hell. Where your only weapon of choice in your endless duels against Satan will be a Bubba'ized Hi-Point.
    But will there be cake? I was told there would be cake...
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Cake is reserved for people who did not cut up heirloom-grade revolvers.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    I know y'all are joking...but some things we don't joke about.

Cutting up a MR73, a Korth, or any 19th century Colt are things we don't joke about.

I have a very specific sixth sense that tells me when an heirloom grade revolver is about to be ruined. I will appear like Death and drag you to the depths of hell. Where your only weapon of choice in your endless duels against Satan will be a Bubba'ized Hi-Point.

I am RevolverRob, I have spoken.
    Chill out, it's a brand-new revolver. Some guy wants to spend over three grand for a revolver and then run it through a chopsaw and feed it shit ammo, we have the right to make fun of him.

It's not as though he's crazy enough to do this:

WARNING: You can't unsee that.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

I recently got a new MR73. I am not nearly as prolific a shooter as many of the other folks here, so I am probably not going to be able to do a 2000 round challenge with the gun in any kind of timely manner.

As far as initial impressions, it’s noticeably more accurate at 20 yards with the same batch of my reloads in my no dash 686, which itself is pretty good in the accuracy department. The guns were pretty well matched at 7 and 10 yards. The MR73 build quality is excellent, and it has very little play in the yoke/crane or cylinder. This is a new manufacture Chapuis gun, so I have no idea how it stacks up against the original Manurhin guns, but I am impressed examining it in person when compared to older Smiths.

The trigger pull is pretty darn nice, and tuneable for weight by adjusting both the mainspring tension, and the tension on the rebound slide. I would say that double action is about like a good Smith DA trigger (but with a shorter trigger stroke), so pretty nice, but for $3000+, I consider a good trigger mandatory.

The thing that is annoying to me is that there are no additional sight options, and the trigger comes grooved from the factory, which is not something that I like, personally. It seems like lousy sight and grip options are pretty much standard for most revolvers, and it’s not exactly like there are enough MR73s being made to justify a robust aftermarket for it, although I am hopeful Beretta acting as an importer might change that.

I had the grooves in the trigger polished out, and re-heat colored the trigger in my oven. I also put a couple coats of orange paint on the front sight, and blacked out the rear sight dots. Hopefully, I will get the holster I had made for it in soon (Rusty Sherrick has a mold for the gun, and his lead time was about 8 weeks), and I can try doing some holster work. I also ordered some of the non-Trausch grips for this gun, as well as my MR88 from a place in France (https://armt-creations.monsite-orange.fr/), so we’ll see how these grips are when they arrive.

Overall, I would say that it’s a very nice gun, but I personally feel like the super high price premium is maybe a bit too much. However because my gripes are about the ergonomics of the gun rather than any other flaws, I want to shoot it some more with the grip, sight, and trigger tweaks before I say that it’s too expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    No, there will be only....Glocks.

User Tag List