Page 10 of 43 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta is bringing in MR73 revolvers

Quote Originally Posted by jtcarm View Post
    At least prices haven’t gone apeshit like everything else.
    Only until the collectors decide the pre-Beretta imports are more special.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Only until the collectors decide the pre-Beretta imports are more special.
    I'm waffling on that. I talked with Kebco yesterday. Their import marks are laser engraved, polished, and reblued by the factory (Manurhin). Just says KEBCO HANOVER PA. Looks pretty clean. But still a Kebco billboard on the right side of the barrel. Beretta's marketing shots were careful to put the engraving in a dark portion without reflection so it's difficult to see the engraving, but it still says Beretta USA - Accokeek, MD. A bigger billboard. Trying to decide which set of marks is less objectionable.

Unfortunately, Kebco is all sold out of 4.25-inch guns, and not expecting to be able to get more.
    Last edited by OlongJohnson; 04-29-2021 at 11:28 AM.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuvia View Post
    As far as grips I got these for my MR38. I got the open back but they make them in closed back also. I can't see anyone needing anything else.

http://us.nill-shop.com/MR73-MR22-Fr...m.-Ph.Hemphill
    To add to what Tuvia posted here - Nill makes a lot of variants for their grips. They aren't well listed/cataloged on their website. Virtually everything they make can be had with/without finger grooves, stippling, open/closed backstrap, flared bases, right/left/ambi, with/without speed loader cuts, etc.

It's easier to order from MacTec - https://www.mactecsales.com/MR73_MR22_s/1998.htm - Those guys have the Nill catalog and understanding of working with Nill to get you what you want.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    I'm waffling on that. I talked with Kebco yesterday. Their import marks are laser engraved, polished, and reblued by the factory (Manurhin). Just says KEBCO HANOVER PA. Looks pretty clean. But still a Kebco billboard on the right side of the barrel. Beretta's marketing shots were careful to put the engraving in a dark portion without reflection so it's difficult to see the engraving, but it still says Beretta USA - Accokeek, MD. A bigger billboard. Trying to decide which set of marks is less objectionable.

Unfortunately, Kebco is all sold out of 4.25-inch guns, and not expecting to be able to get more.
    I have bought several guns from Ken Great Guy. The perrideau imports have a much bigger import mark. Too bad they won't just let them put it under the grips.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuvia View Post
    I have bought several guns from Ken Great Guy. The perrideau imports have a much bigger import mark. Too bad they won't just let them put it under the grips.
    I've got at least one re-imported revolver where the importer is marked on the underside of the barrel above the ejector rod. Very innocuous unless you go looking for it. Wonder if that doesn't meet current regs?

Beretta is bringing in MR73 revolvers

Quote Originally Posted by Half Moon View Post
    I've got at least one re-imported revolver where the importer is marked on the underside of the barrel above the ejector rod. Very innocuous unless you go looking for it. Wonder if that doesn't meet current regs?
    The regs were written by the same guy who designed Rugers waning labels.

I was told by Ken that in this case, Chapuis adds the import marks. Not sure if it’s a Chapuis thing, but he says that he can’t do much different as far as making a less obtrusive mark. Also, when you buy from Kebco, confirm the rollmark. Ken has another company that does importation besides Kebco- Polaris Logistics, in Sterling, VA.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post

Says here they have them in 4”:

https://www.gunsinternational.com/gu...n_id=101616077

Of course, it’s a given that when a gun retailer lists an item for sale on the web, they absolutely positively have it in stock[emoji849]

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Says here they have them in 4”:

https://www.gunsinternational.com/gu...n_id=101616077

Of course, it’s a given that when a gun retailer lists an item for sale on the web, they absolutely positively have it in stock[emoji849]
    I'd be particularly interested in the 4.25-inch with the Patridge front sight. The 4.25 is not the same as the 4-inch. (Just ask @Maple Syrup Actual.) The 4-inch barrel looks slightly stubby to my eye, without being a sweet 3-inch. And the ramp front sight with the full underlug makes it look oversize. Ramp sight with a half lug on a 4.25-inch Model 19 is great, but MR73 doesn't have a half lug version.

The 5.25-inch looks just a little long, proportionally. I might not think that with a half-lug version. On the other hand, it may look better balanced when I put a grip on it that fits my big mitts. Current plan is to carve some walnut to match the Hogue NFG GP grip that I've modified. It's quite a bit bigger than a K frame round butt.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

The regs were written by the same guy who designed Rugers waning labels.
    Ah, yes, those guys...
    no one sees what's written on the spine of his own autobiography.

User Tag List