Page 16 of 43 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta is bringing in MR73 revolvers

Quote Originally Posted by Inkwell 41 View Post
    Beretta has a video up. Presenting it is Erik Stern. Like many of you, he’s an enabler.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3KmMUpJP9Q
    On video, moving in the light, the blueing looks extraordinary.

And that's my problem with that gun: blue turns orange rapidly around me. I wonder if there's a way of refinishing it in something that is a lot more sweat and weather proof without affecting how the insides work (oh and a different rear and front sights for my old eyes).
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post

And that's my problem with that gun: blue turns orange rapidly around me. I wonder if there's a way of refinishing it in something that is a lot more sweat and weather proof without affecting how the insides work (oh and a different rear and front sights for my old eyes).
    At 4K, you COULD buy 2 new Pythons and not have to worry about rust. It may not be up to the MR73 standard, but we’re entering stupid level prices for a single copy.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post

I was looking at the Korth Mongoose again last night. It has sights I prefer and comes in a DLC finish standard. More grip options off the shelf. Also, a smooth trigger face, not serrated. How much does that save vs. bringing a Manurhin into a similar configuration?
    Last edited by OlongJohnson; 05-08-2021 at 04:30 PM.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

TFB's take on it.

Edited, see OJ's post below.
    Last edited by ccmdfd; 05-08-2021 at 04:59 PM.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post
    Your link takes me to a Dunkin' Donuts ad.

This one gets me to TFB's review of the MR.

-----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Your link takes me to a Dunkin' Donuts ad.

This one gets me to TFB's review of the MR.

Damn YouTube adds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Link removed

I can’t believe that a TFBtv review made me want one of these even more, but somehow it did.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    I was looking at the Korth Mongoose again last night. It has sights I prefer and comes in a DLC finish standard. More grip options off the shelf. Also, a smooth trigger face, not serrated. How much does that save vs. bringing a Manurhin into a similar configuration?
    Yeah I’m thinking the Mongoose is going to be more my cup of tea, even if it is pricier.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    So…everything went hazy and I just got on a list for a 4” MR73. Tell me it was the logical choice.
    Who'd you get on the list with?

If anyone on the forum buys one, I’d sure like to know the throat & groove measurements.

Accuracy with cast bullets is a must. If I’m going to drop $3,000+ on a revolver, it’s going to get shot, A LOT. The only way I can afford that is with cast bullets.

One thing I have read about the Manurhin (possibly on this forum) is that European .357 brass has thicker rims, and the MR73 has greater headspace to accommodate it.

No idea if it’s true.

User Tag List