Page 28 of 43 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta is bringing in MR73 revolvers

Anybody notice on the Beretta side you can sign up to be notified here are the models that you can be notified about:

https://www.beretta.com/en-us/manurhin/#dealers

Name:  A1CF335C-6C40-4E27-9D9D-EE5E30651546.jpg
Views: 412
Size:  29.6 KB[Name:  B9117E2E-2F97-47D1-A536-982610484D8C.jpg
Views: 392
Size:  40.8 KBName:  6186D01B-F5DA-488E-960A-61DD6F1260CF.jpg
Views: 407
Size:  39.7 KBName:  3039EFAE-6023-4849-AE3C-605057862702.jpg
Views: 402
Size:  40.6 KBName:  7E579CD4-DB27-4793-B1AA-96A47AE67AFB.jpg
Views: 411
Size:  40.8 KBName:  65B9E1C5-1730-48A6-8442-8A9C3141BB1B.jpg
Views: 396
Size:  39.9 KBName:  32AA921B-B0A6-4D4B-B3CF-225AA2E0D2C7.jpg
Views: 392
Size:  32.6 KBATTACH=CONFIG]73770[/ATTACH]
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by zeleny View Post
    Spoken like a gamer, not a fighter.
    Speaking as a "fighter" -13 years in the Army as a pointless fobbit, anyway- I've had to adapt to the tools issued because of necessity and regulation, not because adapting was in any way 'better' than very obvious available improvements in the M4/M16 available throughout the industry. When my 'fighting' organization gets stuck in bureaucratic mud over asking for an adjustable buttstock and ambi selector lever for an issued weapon, all of that philosophical BS goes right out the window.
    "Fighters" routinely make due with whatever's available because the situation demands it. In more trying times it may have been all they had. In the modern world of LE/Mil, it's red tape, paperwork, and regulations spawned by blubbering spineless twerps that rarely if ever see violence themselves. Neither situation justifies some sort of abstinence when it comes to suitable modifications that genuinely improve performance.

@jetfire has tangibly demonstrated his skill with that MR73 and offered evidence of such. If he sees fit to modify that revolver to improve his results further, he should absolutely do so.

Speaking personally, I am far more interested in well-worn firearms that saw proven expert use with changes and optimization to match, vs some perfectly preserved example of a firearm that did absolutely nothing but sit in a box or safe for decade after decade.

Cars should be driven well and often, guns should be shot well and often. Low miles and low round counts are just the future's evidence of wasted opportunity in the past. YMMV.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Anybody notice on the Beretta side you can sign up to be notified here are the models that you can be notified about:

https://www.beretta.com/en-us/manurhin/#dealers

<buttload of different model sku pictures redacted>

Site Supporter
    Beretta will have hammers and triggers. So modify them. Geese. It's a damn tool. Altering the action would not make much sense. Go ahead and erode the forcing cone with magnum ammo. If you can afford this revolver and that much ammunition, you can afford to have it rebarrelled. But you might discover that the eroded area does not affect performance.

And how many gun fighters do we have here? And how many of them used a handgun, Out of this number how many used a revolver? The big dude with the hound used a shotgun on heathens. Blues showed up at these occasions with a submachine gun. I suspect Trooper used a big stick or an 870. Hambo probably slapped them. I would have been in the way and stayed home.

I need to more about that MR88 3” DX Defense... that may hurt my savings.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

Let's keep this on the (incredibly boring to me) topic of MR73 revolvers, and not lapse into personal issues. I've made a new thread for this cagefight in the Romper Room section.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by PNWTO View Post
    I need to more about that MR88 3” DX Defense... that may hurt my savings.
    Me too, with the 4" inch model. Looks like the Security Six that Ruger should still be making. And if what I'm seeing elsewhere online is accurate, at a price much more achievable for me than the MR73.
    Edit to add:
    Only downside, that damn full lug barrel.

Let's get modern.
    Hey, Mr Z, why didn't the MR 93 or MR 96 stick?
    https://www.gunbroker.com/item/903302476
    Code Name: JET STREAM

I got a 3” barrel 38sp MR88 when they were being surplussed out by various importers and the prices were good. The barrel and cylinder are of good quality, and the frame is a Ruger designed, but a French made casting. The early versions of the F1 super police were Ruger castings, before France started making their own castings. The action seems to stack and then go slack just before the trigger break. This is after a reduced power wolff mainspring and trigger spring install, and shimming the trigger and hammer. It’s perfectly useable, and probably doesn’t matter much for rapid shooting, but it’s not exactly nice compared a Smith and Wesson or MR73 trigger. It’s also a sample size of one gun, so your mileage may vary. I got the MR88 because I didn’t want to spring for the MR73, and it didn’t particularly thrill me, so I ended up getting an MR73 later.

Site Supporter
    Mt Olympus, Los Angeles, CA, United States
    Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    Beretta will have hammers and triggers. So modify them. Geese. It's a damn tool. Altering the action would not make much sense. Go ahead and erode the forcing cone with magnum ammo. If you can afford this revolver and that much ammunition, you can afford to have it rebarrelled. But you might discover that the eroded area does not affect performance.
    Do not expect Beretta, or anyone else, to offer MR73 frames, cylinders, or barrels. Beretta may or may not offer MR73 action parts at all, let alone for a reasonable price. Unreasonably priced action parts are available from Hastings Distribution. New old stock action parts can be readily found on Naturabuy.fr and privately imported from France for a fraction of their prices, provided that their total cost is less than $100. For bigger parts lots, ask your friendly neighborhood Type 01 FFL holder to file an ATF Form 6 on your behalf.
    Michael@massmeans.com | Zeleny@post.harvard.edu | westcoastguns@gmail.com | larvatus prodeo @ livejournal | +1-323-363-1860 | “If at first you don’t succeed, keep on sucking till you do succeed.” — Curly Howard, 1936 | “All of old. Nothing else ever. Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.” — Samuel Beckett, 1984

User Tag List